Cheap hostel in HCMC

Hey guys!!

I am comming to HCMC on tuesday!!
Does anyone know any cheap youth hostel with wi-fi in distric 2?

Its important for the that the place will be cheap as i dont have job in HCMC yet and dont know how long time it will take me.

Please help!!

Aga

u can stay in hostel "long guesthouse" at Pham ngu lao street. let book it via internet. my friend stay there just 10$ for a room/night

If you want a cheap hostel go to Pham Ngo Lao in the backpacker area, Dist. 1. I know a backpacker who stayed in a dorm for 60,000 per night. He said it was ok.

Try Hostelworld.com :)

Thank you all so much!!! i really appreciate your help!!
i have found sth for a bit less than 10$ so its very cool! im gonna stay there 1 or 2 weeks and look for appartment after ;)

i hope we can hang out sometimes!!

Hi,

I will have to do the same sunday :)
What hostel did you choose ?

Thibault

(moderated: no free ads please)

When I went last, I stayed at PP Backpackers in Pham Ngu Lao. It's not D2 but at $6/night with a friendly and trustworthy staff it's hard to go wrong.

You get what you pay for. Spend an extra $5 or $10 and you can live in comfort ...

I've been to stay 3 days in Budged Hostel, i dont remember exactly add but i know hostel in Cong Quynh - Pham Ngu Lao. this is wonderful place, clean, safely, staff very friendly. I pay 6$/day,totally worth!!!

just go for budget hostel on Cong Quynh Street !!!! clean , friendly, and it really makes you feel at home !!!! also its very near to the center of the city so its pretty convenient for you to hang around or travelling !!! this is its address : 102/4 Cong Quynh Street District 1 !!!!!

Hope it's not English work if your grammar is an indication of your abilities with English..

I can't offer specific advice on 'where to stay', but I can certainly tell you where NOT to stay.

Hotel Ngan Tuan

DO NOT STAY HERE!!

I left the hotel this morning at 9:00am and returned at 11:05.  Prior to leaving, I was using my iPad on my bed and left it there when i went out.  Upon my return, my iPad was gone.  (And it wasn't the cleaning lady, because she doesn't clean the rooms, change the linens, etc....and it was only after four requests that i even got any toilet paper.)

I took nothing with me when I left except for my wallet and made only one stop - the War Remnants Museum.  The front desk girl remembered me leaving with nothing in my hands, then suddenly didn't remember it so clearly.  She claims with certainty that NO ONE has entered or left the hotel during the two hours I was out, leaving no alternative other than the iPad was stolen by someone in the hotel.

They refused to check the hotel.  They said that the police could come and do that for me.  I was to talk to the police.....but couldn't do that until 2pm.  So I waited.  At 2pm, I went with the front desk girl to the police.  After waiting in a room with seven police officers doing nothing more than playing games on their phones and eating, I thought I'd take a picture of their complete lack of interest....or work of any kind.  They quickly chastised me, but then all went to work. 

I was told i needed copies of my passport, so I went down to a local copy shop (no copier in the department) and returned to wait another 45 minutes.  When i was finally helped, they tole us they could and would do nothing. 

Returning to the hotel, I talked to the owner.  She told me that she didn't believe me and there was nothing she would do. 

Stuff gets stolen, I get that.....but the complete lack of interest in my situation and then to call me a liar is unacceptable.  Of course it wasn't until I decided to write this report that I discovered the review just below mine stating someone had $700 stolen from their room.  I can only imagine they were treated the same. 

DO NOT STAY HERE!  Ever.

:) welcome to Hochiminh city.
I think you should find apartment for rent.
Just 200$ for per month. It's not perfect but i think good for you.
If u have any problem :) massege for me.

Thanks for the advice, however, I am not basing myself in HCMC, just passing through.  And since i saw the post called "cheap hostel in HCMC", I wanted to make others aware of the lack of care, concern, and general disrespect the people at Ngan Tuan Hotel  display.   Also as a follow up, when i went back into the hotel to gather my motorbike helmet from where they stored it behind the front desk, there was no one there and I was able to walk back there completely unchecked.  Bad policy, worse employees/management.

But again, i do thank you for your thoughts.

Cheers!

mdincr wrote:

Thanks for the advice, however, I am not basing myself in HCMC, just passing through.  And since i saw the post called "cheap hostel in HCMC", I wanted to make others aware of the lack of care, concern, and general disrespect the people at Ngan Tuan Hotel  display.   Also as a follow up, when i went back into the hotel to gather my motorbike helmet from where they stored it behind the front desk, there was no one there and I was able to walk back there completely unchecked.  Bad policy, worse employees/management.

But again, i do thank you for your thoughts.

Cheers!

Name and shame, mdincr, name and shame.
You've done what needed doing .
We all have the interwebs after all.
Hoping your thread isn't deleted.
So other travellers can get the info posted.

This is a nice motorfiets from 1962-
http://www.bachecaannunci.it/adpics/1966.jpg

by bus what's the cheapest way to get a visa with a US passport to HMC please?