Danish exam withinin the Danish Immigration Service (Prøve i dansk)

I received a letter from the Danish Immigration Service about the exam I have to pass (because I'm here on a residence permit which I got becuase my husband is Danish). I knew, I'd have to do it. I also knew that they changed the rules in February this year. But first, I didn't know it'd cost money; and second, I wouldn't imagine it would cost SO MUCH! 2.438,40 Danish crowns!!! And I have to go to the Copenhagen area to pass it (from Jutland), which means that at the end it will cost us around DKK 3.400!

I hope I can pass it from the very first time :)

Do you have any experience with passing this test??

Lena

Hi Lena,

Some of my friends in sprogskole also received the same letter as yours. Yes I agree that is so costly to sit for one exam. Exam fee + return trips = *chocking*. I'm still waiting for my letter, but I understand there are those who are exempted from sitting for the test, so I'm crossing my fingers and hope that I am one of them.

I've read that it's a 20min oral test and consist of 30 questions and you need 21 correct to pass it, well at least that's what I understand.

Since the registration just open on the 25th feb,thus there is no one I know that have sat for the test yet,but I'll keep you updated if you want.

All the best!

Migs

Hi Migs,

Thanks for your reply. It is a big thing among foreigners in Denmark now :)

I have actually found a site where you can see examples of how the tests are going to look like, or actually sound like. Have a look here: http://www.uvm.dk/Uddannelser-og-dagtil … kproeve-A2

Let's keep eac other posted on this topic :)

Lena

Hey Lena,

Indeed, my school friends are buzzing like bees about it. :)
Yea, thanks for the link, Lena. I get the idea now.

Sure, let's keep us posted and feel free to pm me if there is anything.

All the best ok!

regards,
Migs

Hi Migs,

You can also pm me any time :)

Lena

Hi MIgs and Lena,

I took the exam already and if you will just kept on listening to the example and be familiar with personal questions,  you will pass this easily.

As for the one who needs to take the exam, if you are not part of EU country and is married to a Dane (under family reunification visa) you will be covered with the system, however, I will suggest that you will have to wait for the letter, basically before you take the exam they will ask you to put a bank guarantee at the bank.

I hope that helps.

I am from Copenhagen.

Cheers,
Leila

Hi llpecate!

Thank you very much for the info and I hope you passed the test with flying colours!

Anyway, I am not required to sit for the test though I did waited for the paper. Most of my friends who took the test, have passed and had their bank guarantee had been lowered down.

I wish you the best of luck!

kærlig hislen,
Migs

Hi Migs,

good for yeah :)

I passed the test, I won't say it's easy but it really gives me a butterfly on my stomach while taking the test. and glad as well that our komune and bank is fast to process the bank bonds.

Thank you

Cheers,
Leila

Seniors I need your advice urgently.my husband want to apply for Danish green card scheme.to attain 100points ,he needs to take the Danish language level 1exam.now the problem is that we don't know where we can take this test.if anyone could tell us  if this test can be taken online,or if there is any certified Danish language assessment centre in Pakistan,GCC or uk.

Hi Ashkbutt

I need the same information, as i know we should take a test in denmark.. there is no online version... and you supposes to travel to take the test in a language educational centre. But im not sure at all....!

I hope someone can help us soon!
vanessa

Is Prøve i Dansk is test is valid for 2 years like IELTS or it's validity forever?
What's the difficulty level of Prøve i Dansk 1. Does people pass it in one go?
And about Prøve i Dansk 2 and 3 are they easy to get passed in a go?

Looking forward to your response