Safety

Hello to all expats in New Delhi, I hope you are all enjoying the Indian amazing culture.

I'm about to apply for an internship in New Delhi in a hotel. I've done some online researches and all I could find was many news about high crime rate and rape victims.

I don't tend to believe the media, because I come from a country that the media really shows it in a bad way while it's not even close to that.

So I would appreciate your honest opinions, your own experience, and how secured you feel in New Delhi (especially girls of course).

Regards,
Nancy

I have been in New Delhi for around to years. I'm not saying it's truly safe or not safe. But it's better to keep your head always up. Be careful. Don't walk or ride alone. Don't talk to unknown people. Take safe steps always. TC yourself.

The media is actually true in this matter. am not scaring you, but saying this so that you are cautioned. Never be at lonely places, specially at night

Hi Delhi is always risky place....Try for a intern at southern india...May be at Bangalore or Chennai.

Attacks dont just occur in Delhi. Like any place in the world you need to be careful, especially at night.

I would advise against travelling by bus. My female friends in Delhi dont travel by bus. Metro seems ok and the first car is reserved for women.

I use radio cabs such as Meru and Easy to get around, as well as autos. I also use the metro.

Depending upon your job and salary you could get a car and driver. You will obviously need to be comfortable with the driver. My company has cars that take me to and from meetings and the airport.

I recently read a newspaper article that reported a survey in which 96% of the women in Delhi feel unsafe. That many women can not be wrong.

guys delhi is very safe, i have my russian friends here and they are here since 2008 and enjoying a lot so smile..... and enjoy every moment here if need any guidance than indian guys here to help u to the depth lol... or u can inbox me i ll try to help u :)
happy holi

Hey substian,
Sorry to say but Delhi is not safe at all. If you read newspapers then you also get the news of crime happened in Delhi.

Hello!

I am thinking in moving to Ahmedabad. Does anybody live there? How is safety for woman there? I am worried about it.

Treska wrote:

Hello!

I am thinking in moving to Ahmedabad. Does anybody live there? How is safety for woman there? I am worried about it.

Its very much safe as compared to Any of the cities of India !! Good luck....