How to send a big amuont of cash into vietnam saigon?

Hi everyone,

Anyone got any idea how to sent a big amuont of cash into saigon?
i thought of doing a business here, so need about 800k sgd.
i was thinking of transfering 800k sgd from sin to here.
how can i do that?
pls advise.
TIA

You can use Western union

Best to set up a bank account with one of the international banks and do bank to bank transfers. You can also open a forex account and do the same i believe.

VTD has got the right idea for a start.

Western Union??? good grief 800K SGD is almost 650,000USD.....

I believe the most you can transfer in per day (without valid business) is either 5,000 or 7000 USD per day. I usually withdraw money from my bank in the US on my bank credit/ATM card at Vietcombank.

VTD don't use the VCB ATM's, Techno ATM's gives you up to 20 mil VND in one withdrawl. Last time I looked VCB only gave 2 mil VND at a pop. I use a US bank/debit card also.

I don't use the ATM's (usually) I go inside and take out 40 million at the counter in 1 transaction.
Didn't know that about the Techno ATMs, I will see if i can find one in Vung Tau and check it out.

Shouldn't be to hard there are about 25 of them in VT:

https://www.techcombank.com.vn/Desktop. … C&SFirst=0

Duhh, I forgot about those, I used to use them when i was with HSBC

1 Bank Charges for transfers
2 Exchange Rate used to trasfer USD
both are negotiable with Premier accounts as the amount is substantial
3 Government Restriction (Sing and Viet): anti money laundering

Check out Citibank in Singapore. You can transfer directly from Citibank Singapore to Citibank Vietnam for no fee. Currently the global transfers are not working for transfers coming form the States, UK, and Germany.

you should open one company here.

For 800.000 SG$, you should to open company or borrow an company account in Vietnam from your friend for transferring.