RE: My Dog!

Leaving on May 4th heading for Corozal until Dec., I am concerned about using the bus to travel around.  Altho I will use the taxi from the airport to Corozal, I need to know if it would be allowed to take my leashed dog on the bus with me? Would there be enough room for him to lie on the floor, and be able to scoot his body from my legs to the floor beneath the seat in front of me?

Because he flies with me, laying on the floor is no mystery for him, but I have read several blogs exclaiming the lack of any space in the "school buses".  If allowed on the bus, would I pay for 2 tickets? By the way, he is 50#, and trained/certified as a Service Dog.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and I thank you.

Pat

P. B. Arthur wrote:

Leaving on May 4th heading for Corozal until Dec., I am concerned about using the bus to travel around.  Altho I will use the taxi from the airport to Corozal, I need to know if it would be allowed to take my leashed dog on the bus with me? Would there be enough room for him to lie on the floor, and be able to scoot his body from my legs to the floor beneath the seat in front of me?

Because he flies with me, laying on the floor is no mystery for him, but I have read several blogs exclaiming the lack of any space in the "school buses".  If allowed on the bus, would I pay for 2 tickets? By the way, he is 50#, and trained/certified as a Service Dog.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and I thank you.

Pat

I am not sure if he would be allowed or not, but the buses seem to be "anything goes", so most likely.

As for fitting, it's a tight squeeze for adult humans; the seats are sized for three small children to fit in with not a lot of knee room.  A huge dog would be a problem, but a 50 lb. one should be okay.  I am 5'2" and can sit in the seat without my knees hitting the seat in front, but my 5'10" husband's knees do hit.  I hope that helps a little. 

Good luck!