Relocate to Malaysia

Hi,

I am planning to relocate to Malaysia from India with 4000RM as Basic Salary.  Is it good enough to survive there with a family including a 6 months Kid.

Kindly let me know the average salary to live in malaysia, since i m from a simple family background with not much unwanted expenses

Anyone please advise.

Welcome to Expat.com expatindia12!

Hope that you'll soon be advised.;)

Harmonie.

welcome

Could any one update me on the above post

maybe if you gave more information
where you plan to stay? which area? condo or villa?
does it include medical facilities? is it before after tax?
how you plan to travel to work place? with or without car?
i am sure if you give more info,,,people will respond to your request

I am planning to stay in co. sponsered guest house.  The amount mentioned above is not including tax. The accomodation expense is taken part by the employer while the electricity telephone internet bills will shared by me. I come to know my residing place is in old Kallang road and office location is in Kulalumpur City. i am planning to use Public Transport.

Sorry bro but you're gonna have to put a bit more effort into these posts if you expect to get any meaningful feedback. For starters what are your goals and expectations with working in Malaysia? Did you plan to save any money every month?

With 4K and wife+baby here you're gonna struggle to make ends meet i can tell you that right away... Unless of course you expect additional income to this "basic salary" which you mentioned.

I wish to send 50k INR every month. is it possible to survive with 1500-1800 RM as individual without a family.  I am not a lavish in nature very economical.

I would be grateful if you give me an approx. income for an individual like me to survive in malaysia.  Infact i m planning to come there as a individual, if everything goes fine i may bring my family.

Sorry i don't think you'll be able to save that much, in fact i don't think you will be able to save anything near that much. How much can you save on your current salary?

4,000 RM is below expat min salary for an employment pass!

A family of two with one pre school min salary would be 7,000 RM per month and no savings from that. And I mean minimum! Just surviving min.

Local single people can't survive on 4k a month with a car (essential). Unless they have someone to pay rent for them.

expatindia12 wrote:

I wish to send 50k INR every month. is it possible to survive with 1500-1800 RM as individual without a family.  I am not a lavish in nature very economical.

Hell no!

Single staff I work with quit jobs to go back home with 3.5k salaries as can't afford to live. Women with a bf to pay rent and buy phones can just survive on that (quite common in Malaysia) but to survive on it is survival at 3.5k.

Anything less is lower than Burmese slave labour survival!

Nemodot wrote:

4,000 RM is below expat min salary for an employment pass!

Not true for MSC status companies. The min salary for expat is 2500.

Any references for that? Last time I asked immi said 5k (except foreign Worker who are not expats) and on the immi website says 5k!

5k is too low anyway should be 10k to protect local people from greedy companies using cheaper labour from overseas.

My source is not from some website, I know from discussions with MDeC.

This is the only reference i could find online, otherwise just call MDeC and confirm.

http://www.investpenang.gov.my/portal/p … t_2010.pdf

Page 4: "Minimum salary of RM2,500 per month;"

I am planning to accomodate in Klang (Old klang)  KIndly let me know the cost of living there