Suggestions on medical insurance

just a question and seeking suggestions on medical insurance. Moving full time to Pattaya next week, want just basic medical cover none of the other fancy stuff.  Just in case I get hit by mack truck or over the head with a saucepan by a distraught partner. Thank you.

Mogo51 many of the banks offer accident insurance for very cheap price provided you have account with that bank.

I self insure all out-patient treatment and have a policy with BUPA Thailand to take care of any inpatient coverage.  Inpatient coverage cost me a bit over $1000 USD per year but cost will depend on your age.

Many thanks, will check out the banks, had Bupa when I first went to Thailand, had two claims and they declined both.  I am insured with them here but they cannot get away with that crap here in Australia.  I had top cover with them, cost over 50k bht so they are not an option there for me.
I spoke to some people the other day and they have 12 mths travel insurance with Itrek but dont know how they go as they live at Koh Samui year round, and only supposed to be away for 90 days at a time? One had a claim and got top treatment, everything paid.  It is a difficult question, but I appreciate your imput.

I've had BUPA full coverage (physician, hospital, and meds)since 1996, and have NEVER had a claim denied.

1. Because I signed up before 60, I'm covered for life.

2. I pay less per month, than my U.S, co-payment was in 2000.

No doubt just my luck, but am now over 60, still would not consider BUPA strike one your out with me.

thanks will check it out.

mogo51 wrote:

No doubt just my luck, but am now over 60, still would not consider BUPA strike one your out with me.

Hi there,
Don't worry mogo51, i believe there are few companies who provide health insurance for those beyond the age of 60 years

I've been hearing a lot about a health insurance company opening their office in Bangkok. I think the company is called msh international.

From their website i can see they have pretty comprehensive plan. They welcome applicants aged 64 and below and once enrolled, all members are able to renew their plan for the rest of their lives.

Check it out and share your opinion.

cheers

Hello! Have you had a look at William Russell and A+ International?
William Russell's maximum age limit of entry is 65.
A+ International's maximum age limit of entry is 70.
As you are an expat in Thailand, in fact you are eligible for a cheaper set of plans offered by A+ International.
Hope this helps! Good luck :)

many thanks foryour assistance.

I am turning 40 and was wondering if medical insurance is really necessary, I suppose accidents happen but isn't treatment much cheaper in Thailand anyway?

Depends how cheap you want to go and what degree of treatment you need.
Best to get medical insurance.

hi

I just signed one health insurance with ACS, about 900 usd per year I am 42, seems a full coverage

I found it through this link, they got over 50 different insurance agents in thailand and I asked a few of them a quote

http://www.winvasia.com/which-health-in … -thailand/

Hey.

I only want to tell everyone about the new law and insurance that be for every Farang in Thailand SOON.

It is a insurance that be for many years, but before only for people from country around Thailand, but now it be for every one in Thailand.
It is for Public hospital in Thailand, so if someone is scare of  that, donŽt no need to look at this.
I for one all ways use Public Hospital here in Thailand for all i can.
So i be getting this insurance for sure.

I be in contact with the company, so i know it is coming for us.
Right now they are send the the new law and paper about change that the hospital NEED before hospital can sell the insurance to every one.
Some people have all ready got it in Thailand.
It pretty cheap, and it might be a good idea to get this for many reasons.

Price around this:
At the first station you now pay 2,800 baht, 2,200 for one year's insurance and 600 for your medical check.

Health-insurance-for-foreigners

Here is the info about the it on Thai, Sorry for this, but i have not found this translate to English. SO hope you can read Thai or have someone to help you.

http://203.157.12.21/cmshigthai/wp-cont … wf2800.pdf

I do hope it is okay to post link to this, as i feel it is important to get this information out to community, as i do know Thailand have many here, that don+t have the money to buy the expensive insurance, maybe to old, have some diseases and so on, and therefor don`t have a insurance.

Kindly.

can i get med ins for thai goverment hospital