Yachting in Phuket

Hello Guys,

I heard about some Yacht ownership in available in Phuket.
Technically, you buy a boat and the charter company partially finance it and pay for all maintenance and cost associated.
Does anyone tried this service? Is it safe? It sound too good to be true?
If anyone heard about it, please email me

Hello Pierre,
it's the first time I heard that a Yacht Charter company will finance your purchase and take over all costs involved in mantainance. Usually you buy a boat and sign a contract with one or more charter companies, which should guarantee a certain revenue on the yacht rental. Terms of contract depends case by case. They take a commission on the charter and they might be involved in sharing costs of the marina, but it depends case by case. I suggest you to contact a charter company directly and ask for straight questions. Are you maybe talking about sharing ownership solution? That is a more common practice. Maybe big charter companies might be interested in it. Good luck!

I heard some companies were offering fractional ownership on yachts. Im pretty sure some of the well know real estate companies might know. I have dealt with Tim at Phuket Real Estate and Im pretty sure he is clued up o this. If not maybe try down at the Yacht clubs for info.

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I am interesting in the deal proposed by Sunsail.
it sound much safer than smaller charter company.
They propose to buy one of their standard boat, and they propose a fair amount of usage per year and an interesting discounted retail price.
Pay only 2/3 of the boat, use it more time than I have in hand every year, and the boat in yours after 5 years.
I heard they are n Thailand for over 10 years already.