Customs: what do they allow?

hi all plan on travelling to cambodia. wanted to pack my own laptop, hair and body products in original container will custom allow this or should i wait and buy all this there?  if cannot bring laptop can i just wait get a mailing address and order it online and have it shipped to me at new address?

As far as I am aware used personal effects, including laptops, should be fine.  If it's new it can be taxed.

We have been stopped by customs when we brought something in the original box, even though it was used.  But if it's in your bag it should be fine.

annieinpp

thank you so the laptop and all personal items must be used. so maybe should i have all personal effects in small plastic containers not orginal?

If they are in your luggage I wouldn't worry.  I also wouldn't worry about about your hair and body products - unless you are bringing in huge quantities.  If it appears that they are for your own personal use you should be fine. 

Of course, if you are concerned it's better to do what will make you feel more comfortable.

With regard to getting things posted here, please be aware that some online retailers will not ship to Cambodia.  If you do get anything shipped make sure it requires a signature on delivery.