Moving to HCMC next month and i wanna make some friends :)

Well, hey, thanks for stopping by :)

I'm moving to HCMC next month, from March 23.

I was born in Bulgaria, lived in Hanoi for a while then moved to England, then back again..too much information I know :) anyway, I'm gonna move to HCMC for my new job.

I have been to HCMC a few times for work but don't have friends there, all of my friends there have moved back to Hanoi for some reasons, probably to avoid me :P hehe.

I'm super friendly, down to earth and easy to talk to. Would be great to meet some nice people off here and we could hang out after work or at weekend. I promise i will be nice :P and don't piss you off.

My skype is: nhocloverock, same for facebook. Drop me a message before adding tho.

I'm likely to be homeless when i move there since i have not been able to find a flat or a house share in HCMC, any tips on housing would be great too!

Talk to you soon, i hope :)

Annie x

nice too meet you!:D

Nice to see you here in HCMC. Annie. I am working at HCMC, any support should you need please let me know.

Yours Sincerely,
Hai

well come to HCM city and nice to meet you.

Hi friend!
Nice to meet you and I'm very pleased to help you at all in HCM city. Hoa

Where would be the best area to rent a flat/ apartment if my office is on Mac Dinh Chi?

Thanks

Wellcome to HCM city.
I think that u should rent a flat/ apartment in the western town in Bùi Viện street or  near to Khánh Hội bridge - District 4

If your office is on Mac Dinh Chi Street- district 1, you can rent a flat near my house, belong to Phu Nhuan District, it's quite and cheap and beside district 1.
Tell me more about your standard, I will help you find a good place.
Hoa

hoathuy wrote:

If your office is on Mac Dinh Chi Street- district 1, you can rent a flat near my house, belong to Phu Nhuan District, it's quite and cheap and beside district 1.
Hoa

I want a fairly large en-suite room, furnished, place for parking (motorbike, if there is a car park nearby it would be a plus), shared kitchen is ok, i dont cook much. 20 mins drive to work would be fine by me. Price from $200-$300, can stretch a bit more if the room is good. Oh, and wifi and AC :)

Thanks

Dear friend,
With your cost and standard like that,it's easy to find a good place for you, I think so. I will help you to find.
If there is anything new, I will send to you a private message.
See you soon in HCMC,]
Hoa

My house in Thao Dien, District 2 has an extra room for rent. $300 a month. Let me know if youre interested and I'll send pics.

Phi Long wrote:

My house in Thao Dien, District 2 has an extra room for rent. $300 a month. Let me know if youre interested and I'll send pics.

Hey, thanks for your response. Kindly send some pics to [email protected].

Thanks x

AnnieDuong wrote:
Phi Long wrote:

Hey, thanks for your response. Kindly send some pics to ...

Thanks x

Emailed. Thanks.

AnnieDuong wrote:
hoathuy wrote:

Hoa

I want a fairly large en-suite room, furnished, place for parking (motorbike, if there is a car park nearby it would be a plus), shared kitchen is ok, i dont cook much. 20 mins drive to work would be fine by me. Price from $200-$300, can stretch a bit more if the room is good. Oh, and wifi and AC :)

Thanks

There are some rooms for rent on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai street neear Mac Dinh Chi. You can walk to your office.

Welcome to HCMC and good luck with your new city life ;)

Haha, im currently living in Hanoi, its a city too right ;p probably wont be much different :)

traitao wrote:

There are some rooms for rent on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai street neear Mac Dinh Chi. You can walk to your office.

Do you have any pic?
Are they furnished? I'm not very fussy about the distance because i have a motorbike :)

The fact is that it is much better if you can walk to work because the traffic in HCMC is helly bad. You may spend 30 minutes to go 2 klm on a bike if the traffic is bad. The situation can be worse.
Hope you can find a suitable room.

Wow...and yet i thought 15 mins on the bike from Binh Thanh to Mac Dinh Chi would be alright...

(moderated:  no free ads please)

i think that you should find nice houseshares in the area of tan dinh market in a kind of triangular area that borders with d.1, d.3 and phu nhuan dist. to be more particular, it might be that the phan xich long st. area will seem nice. in anyway we are talking about 15-20 minutes drive to mac dinh chi in normal traffic and even less when the roads are more free. check out different classifieds for houseshare, as in these cases you can connect directly to the roommates and it can be easier than looking for a place to stay on your own.. anyway you said you don't mind to share a kitchen and that you want to meet cool people. it is also very common to still have a certain level of privacy in a houseshare, as the local houses are mainly suitable for only 1 or 2 bedrooms per floor and usually have a showerroom within the "suite"

Hi annie,

Lets meet up sometime while your in hcmc. its always nice to find a world wide traveler living in hcmc. Email me at [email protected] and we can set something up.

Cheers
Mike

hmm you work in dist 1 so better renting in dist 1... there are many apartment for renting, just look around to see which one is reasonable.

Cheer

Thanks for your recommendation. I'm trying to find a place but no luck so far.

Tried a few agencies but turned out they all put nice pics on and when I got my mother's staff to go and view the apartments, they were unavailable, make me wondering if they actually just put hotel's pics on and then try to sell you some ugly apartments instead..

Anyhow, i'm sure in the worst case, I can stay in a cheap hotel and keep hunting for my perfect place :D x

AnnieDuong wrote:

Thanks for your recommendation. I'm trying to find a place but no luck so far.

Tried a few agencies but turned out they all put nice pics on and when I got my mother's staff to go and view the apartments, they were unavailable, make me wondering if they actually just put hotel's pics on and then try to sell you some ugly apartments instead..

Anyhow, i'm sure in the worst case, I can stay in a cheap hotel and keep hunting for my perfect place :D x

pls try this ...hope you can read Vietnamese news http://muaban.net/nha-cho-sinh-vien-thu … id15465956

http://nhathuesaigon.vn/chi-tiet-tin/59 … trieu.html

@ Moderate: just try to provide information, it`s not ads so please don`t rate it bad

HTH

jonh_nathan wrote:

pls try this ...hope you can read Vietnamese news http://muaban.net/nha-cho-sinh-vien-thu … id15465956

http://nhathuesaigon.vn/chi-tiet-tin/59 … trieu.html

@ Moderate: just try to provide information, it`s not ads so please don`t rate it bad

HTH

Thanks, I can read Vietnamese. However with the quoted prices, i'm a bit worried that the places would be super ugly...
I prefer serviced apartments but only agencies offer that. Any suggestion? maybe on a good agency that I can trust?

Thanks

kim tin wrote:

Dear all friend.

i have a villa at phu nhuan,i want invite partnet can help me share this information, 423m2 and and 7 rooms , design to erope style , have swimming pool , have all massage room and wine even bar . i wish have any friend care and contact me if have customer , thanks a lot! please contact me , Kim 0936 687 738

Wow!

I thinks this one can be trusted
http://muaban.net/cho-thue-nha-dat-quan … id15415153

that price is reasonable for good place :)

Thanks, this one sounds pretty decent. I will contact the guy tomorrow. :)

AnnieDuong Are You still looking for aparment in HCM? Im know some nice aparments that I would like to give information to you so you can choose easier and more convenient. Pls contact me if you would like to see some. My name is Khanh, Im a girl so dont worry :))

"Anyhow, i'm sure in the worst case, I can stay in a cheap hotel and keep hunting for my perfect place"
that is a your good idea Annie Duong.I think

Hi Annie,
Nice to know you.
I think sommerset is best for you. It is on Mac Dinh Chi street too: Phòng kinh doanh và tiếp thị tòa nhà văn phòng Somerset Building đường Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai. Số Hotline 24/24 0908 442 698.
hope it help

Thanks all for your help, i found a place on Bui Huu Nghia :) signed the contract today so everythings good. See you all when i finally move to Saigon :)

Excited much :) x

Good! Have a great start!

Hi, I just moved to HCMC yesterday. I am here to volunteer with VPV for 5 weeks. Looking to meet people, locals or foreigners to meet and explore the city :)

Hi nice to know you. Where do you stay in HCMC?

Hi, I'm in district 7

great! what is your job? in Dist 7 also?

would you like become my roommate :D

I have a studio already, thanks