Need an advice

Good day to anyone reading this.

My name's Alex. Native Russian living in Lithuania at a moment.

My idea is moving to peru to one of the tribes if they still exist. The info in the internet on this question is very low. I would like to move into the culture, i am not a tourist, i feel more like a missioner looking to run away from my current life.

My profession is a teacher, in all of it states. I am good at it, but recently i feel a lot of need to change my lifestyle.

That is why i would like to join the native Peru culture that i know a little of but i am sure i would do only good to any community i would join. I have red cross experience, relief works, teaching capabilities, physically strong and creative.

All i ask from people here on this forum - is if i move, would i find possibilities to join any societies around, especially interested in places far away from big cities, where i can build my one home, participate in tribe life, do not feel money dependence or similar.

Am i dreaming or is it possible ?

This is definitely possible, my first question would be on exactly what you mean by tribe. If you are using the term to refer generally to any community away from large cites, where life is a little more traditional, that would be easy. If you are interested in moving into a jungle area and living with a small tribe of natives, that would be a little tougher, but still doable I believe.

I currently live in a small farming community outside of Cusco, The town is small and has a very laid back, traditional pace. The farmers still walk their livestock out to the fields in the morning and back in the evenings. Most of the fields are still worked by hand, or with a plow pulled by cows.

That is very good news, Mongo. I was actually thinking about the

generally to any community away from large cites, where life is a little more traditional

I am very glad to hear that possibilities.
Some questions:
Are they any traditional celebrations to participate into? I mean traditional weddings etc.
And what is more important - how is the cultural and political influence of the world affecting such communities?  possible to work for food and stay instead of working for money, is it possible to start building your house? or hunt? i am good with the bow.

I think the answers to these questions will all depend on where you decide to go. Being close to Cusco, the community I live in is in the Andes Mountains, as such, there is not much in the way of game animals for hunting. If you were to choose a town or villiage in one of the jungle areas, there would be plenty of game. Bartering for goods is still done in many small towns, but if you want get away from a monetary system, I thing you would have to look into a deep jungle village. I would suggest doing a little research into the different reigons to first decide what areas interest you, then take a trip to check it out.

As for land and building, we have herd that in our town, there are unused plots of land, all someone would have to do is ask, and the city will give them a plot of land, provided they work it. Home construction is fairly easy as well, most of the structures in our area are adobe.

Thank you for your answers, you are being really helpful.

Glad to hear about possibilities to build my one home. Escaping monetary system is not as important as to have no dependence of it. If bartering and working for certain neccesities is a possibility - i am into it.

Hunting too is just something more, can be variable.

As for the info on regions - how would i get to know today's Peru  -all the info i find around in the internet is for tourists or is out of date. Any ideas on that?

And one private question - how do you find life in peru ? i mean LIFE in genere, weather, people, goverment.

For reigonal information you may be best off looking at sights in Spanish, do you speak any Spanish? if so I will ask my wife to see what she can find. Some of the biggest differences will be weather and climate. The cost tends to be humid, and doesn't get a lot of rain. The jungle is again humid with a fair amount of rain. And the area I live in averages high 60's to low 70's with a rainy season that runs from about Nov - Mar.

Myself personaly, I love it here. the people have all been very friendly, life runs at a slower pace and the government is ok. Dealing with the government can be an exercise in patience, but not impossible.

Very nice to know that people are friendly and life is calm. I am studying spanish at the moment, but it will take a while, so if your wife would be so kind to help me find some English info - i would be most grateful.

Thank you very much again for your participation )

Yea.........possible ....go ahead friend.........be happy

Will see what we can find.