Moving to Berlin

Hi everyone,

I am French and spent 10 years in Canada, both Ontario and Quebec. Back in France now, I have the opportunity to take a new job in Berlin, and I'd like to connect with a few people there before making the final call.

From what I have seen as a tourist, I like the city very much. My biggest concern is not speaking the language; I'm not sure how much of a burner it will be. Realistically, my work will take a lot of time, and I do not think I'll be able to spend enough time to learn anything but the basics.

Please send me your comments :)

Hi,
Here is a web site that might interest you : connexion-francaise.com/

Good luck...

@zoyd- in general if you speak english you will find someone that can help. As it is when living anywhere though it makes things easier to at least try! to learn the language. I sort of compare it to France. Not everyone can or is willing to speak a different language (in this case german). As a french person (especially if your from Paris) you should understand the general attitude- if you at least try to speak the native language then you will find the people to generally be more helpfull. :)