My work visa has been cancelled, what to do?

Hi I recently lost my job in Bahrain and the work visa has been cancelled. In the expat LMRA portal the visa status is expired not valid.
I have 30 days to leave the country or find something else, job wise. My kids are in school and I just rented a new home last November. Pretty deparate situation because finding a job is a bit hard here in Bahrain. I don't know what to do.

Sibilo1976 wrote:

Hi I recently lost my job in Bahrain and the work visa has been cancelled. In the expat LMRA portal the visa status is expired not valid.
I have 30 days to leave the country or find something else, job wise. My kids are in school and I just rented a new home last November. Pretty deparate situation because finding a job is a bit hard here in Bahrain. I don't know what to do.

I am really sorry to hear about your situation.

Can I suggest that you start a new topic so that everyone sees it rather than posting on someone elses post.

Also if you post your CV on to the job section of this forum you will get better viability.

Good luck

thanks.
sorry!

Sibilo1976 wrote:

thanks.
sorry!

No need to be sorry. I just want you to get full advantage of this forum and posting a new post will get you that.

I really hope things go well for you

Hi Sibilo1976,

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Bahrain forum for better visibility. :)

Hi Dibilo,

You didn't tell us what is the field you are working, this might help if some people have tips for a job.
Unfortunately, this happened a lot to western expats 2 years ago after the unrest. For sure expatriation carries a lot of advantages, but here is the dark side of it. You have a very low protection and if anything happens.

You took the hit and I'm sure it was painful. Now action time !
- Recruitment agencies
- All newspaper classified
- Job websites

Don't forget also to reactivate your network in your own country in order to have a plan B just in case...

We keep our fingers crossed for you and hope everything will go for the best !
Keep us posted...

Cheers

Olivier