Is it necessary to use an agent

Helllo all. My hubby and I are looking to movng to Brisbane. We qualify for the skilled migrant visa, but  we are planning to get our engineers licence in Austria first. We are thinking of getting a student visa coz classes start in June. My question is, is it necessary to get an agent to do the aplication for the student visa and then for the skilled migrant visa. The course is about a year so we thought we co/uld process the migrant visa while busy with the license . This will make it easier to get a jobs n we can also look for jobs while doing the license. Does anyone have any advise.

Hello milkybar.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll be helped by other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

It's almost one year passed since you posted this Q, but I'm gonna tell you my experience.

Some universities application is done via agent for some countries, so check yours too. After you get the admission, they will issue you the eCOE (Electronic certificate of enrollment). In this letter, they ask you where to refer for your Visa matter.

At the time of admission, I was in Kuwait and since there's no AUS embassy in here!! plus my course was about to start in less than 5 weeks; I applied via an official agent which was suggested by my university. This guys saved me, coz they did whatever was needed and all I had to do was singing some paperwork via email! The price was also reasonable. However, if you have sufficient time like more than 3 months, you better do it yourself. All the needed forms are accessible via Immigration website.

could you tell us more about the agent, the fee, the visa process ...
I'm from Morocco and the closest Australian Embassy arround is in Egypt

You're purpose is educational or merely for traveling and residency?

Education

Which visa would be best for my and my family.  IO would like our 3 kids to go to school there and I would be holidaying.  My husband flys out of country for work so he will be on holiday when hes home too.
Thanks Krystal

kpearson wrote:

Which visa would be best for my and my family.  IO would like our 3 kids to go to school there and I would be holidaying.  My husband flys out of country for work so he will be on holiday when hes home too.
Thanks Krystal

Contact your nearest Australian Embassy and discuss this with them.

You can check the immigration website to find the detailed information and requirement.