Advice needed

I am of Indian origin living in the USA.  My wife is from Pakistan.  We are not particularly religious but we are of the Muslim faith.  We have a 10 year old son.

I am considering moving to Malaysia to live.  I would not be looking for a job.  For now, I am trying to convince my wife that Malaysia is a great place with safety, good schools and access to good medical facilities (because I am older and could she worries about such things).

To get her seriously interested, I am thinking of taking 2-3 weeks and bringing her on a visit to Malaysia.  I would like to be recommended an affordable city with a diverse cosmopolitan atmosphere and a decent Indian/Pakistani population.

Any suggestions?

This depends on your definition of affordable.
There are many people of Indian descent in most major Malaysian cities; most seem to be from Shi lanka and speak Tamil.
Malaysia is a safe country and it's really nice with it.
People tend to be relaxed and willing to accept anyone who'll accept them
Malaysia is a very mixed country, ranging from third world style villages to top class modern cities.
I've spent several months over there and loved every minute.

Zahmed wrote:

I am of Indian origin living in the USA.  My wife is from Pakistan.  We are not particularly religious but we are of the Muslim faith.  We have a 10 year old son.

I am considering moving to Malaysia to live.  I would not be looking for a job.  For now, I am trying to convince my wife that Malaysia is a great place with safety, good schools and access to good medical facilities (because I am older and could she worries about such things).

To get her seriously interested, I am thinking of taking 2-3 weeks and bringing her on a visit to Malaysia.  I would like to be recommended an affordable city with a diverse cosmopolitan atmosphere and a decent Indian/Pakistani population.

Any suggestions?

You can find many Indian/Pakistani Expats around KL and Selangor.