Social worker-student looking for a place to have my practical work

Hi,
my name is Jennie and I am studdying Social Work in Sweden for the moment. This is my second year. I will have my practical work experience in January next year and I would love to have it in Addis Abeba. It will be for four months and I would need to have some kind of mentor who have been studdying social work. (I will go with my Ethiopian-Swedish boyfriend.)

The problem is that I can't seem to find a place to be!
I have emailed the Red Cross, UNICEF and other different organizations which do social work but they won't send me back. I am becoming quite desperate since we really would like to go there so I'm wondering if there's anybody who can help me? Maybe know some kind of organization that I could contact?

I'm thankful for all the help I can get!

Best regards
Jennie

Hi Jennie!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Hi Jennie!

Jag kan säga från egen erfarenhet att det är ganska lönlöst att emaila Addis. Du behöver helt enkelt ringa alla organisationer eller ringa Svenska Ambassaden för att få korrekta telefonnummer. Sida kontoret kan hjälpa till med det om du får tag på någon som är hjälpsam. 

Det är generellt ganska svårt att få internship med organisationer sedan det dräller av europeer, americaner och etiopier från utlandet som alla vill dit och arbeta, men det betyder inte att det inte går. Bra är att du är ute i god tid.

Det är mitt lilla råd!

Mvh Asegdetch Emma

Hello asegedetch -> Can you please write in english on this Anglophone forum so that everybody can understand and participate? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I can help you. Please tell me more about your project.