Moving to Argentina with a 7 year old daughter

We are wanting to move to Argentina.  2 years ago, we moved to the miskito coast in Nicaragua to do humanitarian work.  We were planning on staying there for 5+ years.  Had to leave after one year due to safety factors for our daughter.  We are looking at living in a more rural/remote area.  We are wondering about the educational system there in Argentina.  Also, when we were living in Nicaragua, our daughter quickly became a "prisoner" in our house.  Not only because of the aggressive sexual behaviour of the adult men, but also to keep her safe from the sexual aggression of both girls and boys her own age.  We are wondering if this is something we need to be concerned about in Argentina as well.

You haven't received any replies here. You might want to try posting your question in baexpats.org or in goodmorningba.com

shunish: I don't think that sexual aggression is a problem in rural Argentina.  We live near San Rafael, Mendoza surrounded by farms that are owned by native people, and we note that their children are well-cared for, polite and happy.  The bus takes them to and from school (a free service) and they all ride their bicycles on the road when they go visiting or shopping at the local grocery store.  Life on the finca is casual and simple, but certainly the children are not under-privileged or neglected, as their extended families surround them and play an active role in their upbringing. I can't really speak for the elementary school system here, but can tell you that higher education is paid for by the government, and universities produce well-qualified professionals in all fields.  Hope this information helps. 
http://argentinawineblog.weebly.com

I would like to advice you that public schools in not central areas of Argentina, some times have a verly low educational level, so although it seems you don't want to be in a city, i would recommend you to move near one, so you have the posibility to give your daughter a better education. I would recommend you some nice province like mendoza ( partments are also cheaper than in Buenos aires.. you can chck it on our site), but besides that, it has a lot of posibilitie to explore, so may be this is a good way to incentivate your daughter to go outside.
regarding sexual agression, I have nothing to say, but Im quite sure is not as in Nicaragua, I'm speach less about what you told.

Hi
Should wish for any help with your daughter I run an Au pair agency which provides native English speaking au pairs to look after kids, speak to them in English (or Spanish or French) and help nurture their education. All Au pairs have had criminal background checks and full medicals as well as fantastic references and great childcare experience. Please get in touch for more info (moderated: no ads)

Hi,
I'm very sorry to inform you that we are having problems around the country regarding safety but I'm quite sure is not as in Nicaragua.
Mendoza is a nice place & cheaper than BSAS.
Lobos is a very nice small city to live. Good schools. Not so far from BSAS.
San Rafael is another nice place. In Mendoza province.
Elementary school system here is not that bad, it depends where. It varies a lot from place to place.
All the best luck!

Another excellent place to live with excellent schools is Bariloche.

Hello from Rosario,
Mass media seems to exploit the dangers of lurking insecurity here in Argentina. I have been here for nearly 5 years now, living, raising a family, and running a business in Rosario.  It is not a huge city, nor is it a small town, but at the same time, it provides the feeling of both. 
When people talk about insecurity, 9 times out of 10 it is petty theft: purse snatching, camera stealing, pick pocketing theft.
As a tourist, or a stand out ex-pat, you may be a target for this, I will confess it has happened to me, yet I still feel safe here, perhaps even safer than the streets of NY or LA.  While I wouldn't classify Rosario as "rural" it has been declared, "La Ciudad de los Ninos" whereby dedicating large amounts of energy and funding towards children "cultural" learning. Feel free to contact me should you have any other questions regarding different areas of Argentina, I have traveled a bit and wouldn't mind giving you a non-biased tips.
Good Luck!
Stephanie
[email protected]