Cheapest SIM card in singapore & where to stay

Hi, I am travelling to Singapore in next month and I need to buy phone card to contact nationally and internationally while Im there.
So Im just wondering that anyone could please provide the SIM that have the cheapest call/text rate especially domestically. also where Can i buy it ? at the airport?

And any good place to stay for about a month in singapore ? I looked arounnd some hostels over internet but did not feel safe to stay there as I would be alone by myself. and they also did not reply my inqueries, bad, huh..

so I am guessing that is there any hostel like religious one ? like buddhist or Christian temples available with the some room for guests. anywhere renting out ?

Thank you for your input in advance.
x

Hello Winnethepooh.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll get some responses soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

There are only three mobile phone (SIM card) providers in Singapore, and you can easily compare their rates and offers from their webpages:
Singtel, M1, Starhub

Singapore is safer than almost anywhere else, so that should not be a concern when selecting a place to stay. The only "religious" hostel I know of is the YMCA - it costs a bit more, but is very central!

Stay in hotel 81 in geylang area or bogus area... It's 75 sing per day. Take the train- u can ask anyone for direction(friendly) shopping for branded or upmarket will be orchard or city hall. Trains are everywhere . Bus information very user friendly.

Sim cards... Singtel, m1 , starhub. It's available at the airport. Don worry ask anyone, they will be able to help u ... Alot of hotlines , information counter...

Thank you and all others for the kind replies.

Im just wondering that whether you could give me some info on the bus service in singapore. Where or which website can i find the guide of direction map and the bus service to take from one place to another?  the one like transportation direct. How much is the day ticket in singapore and how does the ticket price operate? based on the Zones ?

Thank you.

www.gothere.sg gives all bus/train connections and ticket prices.
There are no day tickets. Just buy a pre-paid EZ-Link card with eough value on it and tap it on the reader both when entering and when exiting the train station or bus - fares are deducted automatically.
The system is very efficient and quite cheap.