New to Bahrain

Hiya,

Moved to Bahrain a week ago to live (work in Saudi) & just looking for some mates to help show me about, im 23 and from the UK ?

Jamie.

Hi Jamie,

Welcome to Bahrain and to the forum.

I'm sure you will make lots of friends very quickly here in Bahrain. Everyone is very friendly.

It may be useful to list some of your interests so that other members who enjoy the same things can communicate with you.

I have organised a couple of expat-blog meetings where some great friendships have developed. I will organise another one in the next couple of months and if you keep an eye on the forum you should see the post as and when it happens.

I see you are from Saar the same as me. You will meet lots of people at the Rugby Club and at the Dilmun Club.

If you need signing in then send me a private message and I will meet you at either of the clubs and sign you in. It costs 2BD to sign in to the Dilmun Club and 5BD for the Rugby Club

Hello there and welcome to Bahrain!

You will get to meet a lot of people living in Bahrain and commuting to Saudi. As Jo said, we also meet from time to time for a few drinks and chat and the next one will be announced on this forum when it's scheduled (Jo, wink wink ;))

I live in Seef, which is about 15-20 mins drive from Saar. PM me if you want to meet or have anything to ask. Alternatively, read our Definitive Guide to Bahrain for New Expats. It answers a lot of questions you may have.

Good luck!

brightonguy wrote:

You will get to meet a lot of people living in Bahrain and commuting to Saudi. As Jo said, we also meet from time to time for a few drinks and chat and the next one will be announced on this forum when it's scheduled (Jo, wink wink ;))

Ummmm I'm sure a certain Brightonguy said he wanted to organise the next party..........:D

As I'm such a nice person then I will organise the next one for Jamie but it will probably be March time.

Excellent guys, thanks for the update. Keep me informed.

Jamie

JammaLad wrote:

Excellent guys, thanks for the update. Keep me informed.

Jamie

Will do and let me know if you want to go visit the Dilmun and Rugby Clubs.

Thursdays and Fridays are good days as most people are off work and want to chill out.