Business Centres in Malta

We are looking for office space where to relocate our IT related business. Any good observer or well informed know any other "Business Centre" (or modern office block) or have I listed all?

Tagliaferro Business Centre (Sliema)
Tigné Point Office Block (Tigné Point) (under development)
Aragon House Business Centre (Paceville)
Portomaso Business Tower (Paceville)
St. Julian's Business Centre (Paceville)
The Exchange (Paceville) (under development)
Capital Business Centre (San Gwann)
Tower Business Centre (Tower Street, Swatar)
Skyway Offices (Pieta)
Ewropa Business Centre (Birkirkara)
SmartCity (Kalkara)
Skyparks Business Centre (Luqa)

Does it have to be within a prestigious "Business Center"?

There are lots of very nice, newly built and designer furnished commercial properties for rent all over Malta (check out the commercial offers from real estate agencies).
Most of them provide excellent media connections, provide parking spaces and also facility services on request.

Imho it's better to invest the money in people and hardware and not waste it on representative locations only ;)

btw, is SmartCity (also known as "Ghost City") already available/finished? It still looks to me like a very big construction site.

No, it does not have to be a prestigious building BUT we want good facilities that in Malta you do not easily find on average buildings. Comfortable (easy parking and close bus stop, not only air conditioning but also some heating system -you do not get this everywhere in the island-, open spaces with the minimum walls inside the office, etc.) and well located for most of the people. I expect workers to be mostly expats but also Maltese so I think that the middle area between St.Julians, Gzira, Sliema and San Gwann would be probably the closest to the majority (none of the listed business centres are located there). But honestly, I am not sure yet where the people prefer, for example I see a lot of these business centres and office blocks in Paceville (which you know is a leisure area, specially in the night) and it can not be a coincide but a deliberated decision.

Also we are considering starting first in a business centre and then move to our own property but usually it is also easier to scale the office space on these kind of buildings and business centres.

With regards to SmartCity I think is partially ready but still in construction.

Lusco wrote:

With regards to SmartCity I think is partially ready but still in construction.

Just found this picture from GhostCity ... well, ok, there is something, but that's far away from what it is supposed to look like :lol:

If you still have not found give me a call, Ray +356 99490209

Hi Ray de Bono,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Feel free to share information here on the Malta Forum as it might be helpful for the other members please :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team