Libya tightens visa rules for Europeans....( Now its Europe)

TRIPOLI — Libya plans to tighten its visa rules for citizens of some European countries in retaliation for its own citizens being denied European visas, a senior official said on Thursday.
The move -- which he said would come into force "in a few days"
The official said the stricter rules would apply to citizens of European countries that are part of the Schengen pact, which allows travellers to obtain a single visa that is good for travel to 24 European states.
Tripoli "will harden conditions for granting visas to businessmen, the executives of European companies operating in Libya and citizens of certain other nations," the official told AFP on condition of anonymity.
He said the measures were being taken because most Libyan applications for visas to Schengen area states are turned down.
In November, Deputy Foreign Minister Khaled Kaim noted that most Libyan applications for Schengen visas were rejected, and threatened similar action against citizens of some Schengen states.

What is your source of this information, Vaheed?

Toys out of the pram again? :mad:

Link here:

More Hanibal the Animal wahalla

Right on..
That is the source

Swiss are part of Schenghen since Aug last year. Their approval is required for all applications, they are not approving so locals here cannot get multi-country visas, only single country.

Don't think the UK is affected by this, as one of my colleagues (Libyan) has just got his UK visa through no problem. Anyhow I don't see how they can make it more awkward than it is at the moment :lol:

UK & Ireland aren't part of Schengen, hence no problem there ... keeping my fingers crossed they don't extend it further.

However I know of some Libyans who have just got a Schengen visa without too much difficulty.

UK not part of Schengen, not affected by this.

Compared to UK & US visa applications, the Schengen application is a doddle!

Italians blocked in Tripoli airport

http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/rubriche … 47197.html

Rome, February 16 - Italian Foreign Minister Franco Frattini will meet here on Wednesday with his Libyan counterpart Mousa Kousa in an attempt to resolve an issue with Tripoli over visas issued to citizens from the Schengen area.

The foreign minister of Malta, Tonio Borg, will also take part in the talks, after which there will be a press conference, the sources added.

ITALIANS PAY 60 EUROS FOR TRIPOLI AIRPORT SEAT.

Three Italians forced by Libyan authorities to spend the night at Tripoli airport were charged 60 euros each to have a chair to sit in while they awaited being repatriated.

I doubt Italy will be able to do much until the situation with the Swiss prisoners is resolved.

Well that's the Libyan Challenge desert race cancelled. This was due to start at the weekend, but as most of the competitors would be flying in from Europe it's not happening. Never mind , several hundred people have only trained for about a year for this. Luckily this country hosts so many international sporting events that losing one won't matter. :rolleyes:

Mudman wrote:

Well that's the Libyan Challenge desert race cancelled. This was due to start at the weekend, but as most of the competitors would be flying in from Europe it's not happening. Never mind , several hundred people have only trained for about a year for this. Luckily this country hosts so many international sporting events that losing one won't matter. :rolleyes:

At least we still have the very challenging international sport of 'crossing the road and not get killed' event available to all of us 'lucky' people who live here :lol:

Mudman wrote:

Luckily this country hosts so many international sporting events that losing one won't matter. :rolleyes:

Such as the National Dogging Championships, due to be held in Green Park, next week :lol::lol::lol:

get down Shep :P

Sandman6 wrote:
Mudman wrote:

Luckily this country hosts so many international sporting events that losing one won't matter. :rolleyes:

Such as the National Dogging Championships, due to be held in Green Park, next week :lol::lol::lol:

get down Shep :P

Date time etc, I NEED to know more :lol:

I've heard that if you arrive with a "Schengen" passport but have the word "engineer" in your visa, you'll get in.

Apparently they're getting a bit low on personnel out in the field. :rolleyes::lol:
Doh!

Mudman wrote:

I've heard that if you arrive with a "Schengen" passport but have the word "engineer" in your visa, you'll get in.

Apparently they're getting a bit low on personnel out in the field. :rolleyes::lol:
Doh!

IŽve heard the same thing...

mp_garcia wrote:
Mudman wrote:

Doh!

IŽve heard the same thing...

my "visa man" says the same..

is it true that for Europeans, who work in Oil companies to get Libyan visa they should have a supportive letter from the NOC??

What is NOC?

National Oil Corporation.

Need Our Cut

Even the "engineers" were refused entry yesterday. Looks like it's mass confusion as always.

Another floating rumor is that there is proposal in the works to exclude Italian and Maltese from this entry restriction.

What is it? Are visas issued for citizens of European countries.?
I am from Serbia and expect approval of visas.
Is the issuing of visas temporarily suspended or limited?

Serbia isn't part of the Schengen pact. You will get your visa.

Now you have no excuse for getting on the aeroplane....:lol:

Sandman,
Thanks for the reply.