Meeting people in Perth!! :)

Hello everybody !!!

I'm a French girl looking forward to meeting people in Perth!!
I'm staying with an Australian friend. It's nice but he's very busy and even if we try, we don't go out very often! I want to enjoy life and nightlife in the centre. I'm pretty sure it's worth it!! I'm also looking for a cheap place to stay near the centre for I'm not sure he'd like me to stay forever.... I don't know actually!! :)But Gumtree will probably help me!

If you feel like hanging out or having a coffee or a walk, don't hesitate to contact me!

Aurélie

Hello Aurélie.

Welcome to Expat.com!

You could post an advert in the Housing in Perth section. It can be useful.

Thank you,
Aurélie :D

Thanks a lot !!! :)

Hello, iam isaac from ghana but residing in south africa , iam coming to perth soon so i really like to know you more so that we can make good friends and going out. I like to creat jokes and make friends and iam so happy to meet you today and i hope we will be good friends forever.iam a christian who humble so much.i will be happy to hear from you. U can send me email at. [email protected]

Hi Aurelie,
we are a french couple (i write in english though, so people understand), we've been in Perth 3 months already, and will still be here for the next 5 months, and are always looking forward to meeting new people.
So let's go out one of these days to have a drink ;)

Cheers

Hi aureli, I just moved to perth and hope I can meet some good people to hang out with as never been out much and see the night life and great weekends. Hope we can meet one day?

Anna

Hey there! My name is Rhys I'm from Perth.  Just thought I'll see how your getting on here, do you like Perth? I'm a 21 year old guy, hope to hear from you soon. Thanks. Rhys.

Hi Aurelie!
I am moving to Perth in July - I'm so excited! I'm so happy to find this forum so I can find people I can talk to. I will be living with my Boyfriend but he is Australian so he has lots of friends, but I'll be by myself so it will be nice to have this forum to chat with people! :)

Hi Anna!!

Sorry for replying only now!! I've been very busy!
If you like we could meet soon.
How are you doing? Hope you're not too bored!
Sorry again for replying so late!!

Cheers!!

Aurélie :)

Hi

I'm French. I have been here for 3 weeks. I enjoy music and nightlife, meeting people.
I hope to read from you soon.

Hey there Astrid84 my email is [email protected] hope to hear from you soon.

Bonjour Aurelie, I am learning French from various sources, if you would like to catch up sometime I am sure we could benefit each other, particularly with the way Australians interpret the English language ... I am always looking for French people to help me with my studies. I hope to hear from you soon.

hey, I'm realy intersting to meet people speak english to help me.
because I want to apply to go to Australia.
if anyone want help me, please send me a message.

Hey!
I've just recently moved to Perth and am looking for some new friends to party with. Let me know if you're down!

Hey Kaylik, how are you?! My names Rhyd 22 from Perth. Add me on Facebook and we can chat some more and hopefully head out some time! Add me- Rhys O'Dea

coucou Aurelie, je suis francais aussi et je viens juste d'arriver a Perth et je ne connais encore personne ; si tu veux aller prendre un caefe a l'occasion, ce sera avec plaisir ;-)
See u later
Julien

Hi, I m just arriving from Paris and I m living in East Perth close to the Swan River and you ?
Would you like taking a coffee soon?
See you later
Julien

Hi, I m french and I m just arriving in Perth. If you want I can help you for learning french ;

A bientot,

Julien

coucou, moi aussi je suis francais et je ne connais pas grand monde encore ; voici mom mail ; [email protected], a bientot
Julien

Hi julien,

Can you please keep it in English on the English Forum so as the other members can understand you message :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Hi Aurelie,

Welcome to Perth. I am actually off to France for a friend's wedding next month (Vallery just outside of Paris).

I'd be happy to meet up sometime, so let me know if you'd like to.

Regards,

Alex

I m free too to meet people in perth ;)

Julien

Hi there !
I have been in Perth for few months and I would be happy to meet new friends to hang out with..
Speak french, english and german
Just let me know if you like to have a beer or something else
Simon

[Moderate: pls send details in private]

Hey guys.. I'l be arriving on Monday to Perth would love to meet cool peeps to hang out :) chill out , drinking buddy ... Who can touri me around as well :)

Bisou !!

Welcome

Hello

im Kim and looking to meet new people
Not sure if you are only staying temporarily in Perth
or longterm but I am always keen to do things, beach, cafe, going out, nightlife.
let me know if you feel like getting in touch.
[email protected]

gros bisous!

Hey aurelie, love to hang out!

Hey Sam and others

I think Aurelie was only in Perth for a few months, so she's probably gone.  For meeting people, make sure you use all the channels available.  Couchsurfing can be good, although I don't know how active the Perth community is these days. 

Join interest groups on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CSPerth/ - great for organising excursions and meeting other travellers
https://www.facebook.com/groups/136452429781985/ - a group for runners in Perth
https://www.facebook.com/groups/174927479318861/ - for trail runners
https://www.facebook.com/groups/622285741195655/ - if you're into meditation

Join groups on Meetup
There are groups for foodies, photographers, fitness fanatics, singles, philosophers.  Whatever your interest, you should be able to find events and groups on here to join.  E.g. "Perth Food Lovers" group has over 1000 members and loads of events coming up: http://www.meetup.com/Perthfoodlovers/

Do Sport.  Try to find a cycling group to join, or indoor soccer, or a running club.  It's a great way to meet people.

Unfortunately Perth can appear a bit unwelcoming at first, because people there can be a bit "clickly".  But keep working at it, just give it some time.  Good luck!