Hi Pennie, we are thinking of relocating to Florida and have found your information on here very helpful. We have 2 children, and 1 dog would you say that a sponsorship visa would be a better road to take than the e2 visa if you have kids? We would be looking to still buy a business but am I right in thinking you cannot become a resident on an e2 visa? If we sold our house in London we could hopefully buy 2 houses in Florida and support ourselves by renting one out for a while but my concern is that my boys are able to work when they get older. Do you sponsor people from the uk? Or how do we best go about finding sponsorship, any advice would be greatly appreciated - Claire

Hi There I am planning to avail E2. I am buying a convenient store of my cousin who is an immigrant of USA. the business is running for only 6 months and is growing well. but as per business requirement I will have to invest K40. will it be fine be ok to cover my E2 status.

To qualify as an immigrant investor, a foreign national must invest, without borrowing, the following minimum qualifying capital dollar amounts in a qualifying commercial enterprise:.
$1,000,000 (U.S.); or
$500,000 (U.S.) in a high-unemployment or rural area, considered a targeted employment area. 

A qualifying investment must, within two years, create full-time jobs for at least 10 U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, or other immigrants authorized to work in the United States, not including the investor and the investor’s spouse, sons, or daughters.. … l#overview

Hi, i know your post was 3 yrs ago but how did things go re move to siesta key/ i have bought a house in sarasota and travel out there in an east at the moment but looking at perhaps buying into a business of some type, i was interested in perhaps pool cleaning , please don't laugh, purely as i do my own pool back here and i know something about it and to be honest i really don't want to be working full time as i have now retired but an income of some type would be good etc, with the view to just managing it while some one else is out cleaning. On another note i see you are on about a letting company which would be helpful as in the meantime i want to rent my house out while I'm not there so any pointers/advise would be helpful.

We are now in a great position.  enjoying having homes now back in UK and USA. Just dont give up and keep trying

Questions and answers about visas

Ask your question
Must love coffee
E2. Refusal
By Must love coffee
Visa non-immigrant
By ricardoprock
By Keysfeline69
working visa and then continue the immigration process?
By mellisatgerber
I want to live in Florida
By toejo7

Expatriate health insurance in Florida

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Florida

Moving to Florida

Find tips from professionals about moving to Florida

Travel insurance in Florida

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Florida

Flights to Florida

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Florida