Migrating to Perth from Singapore

Hi All!
We are a family of 4 (2 daughters of aged 3 yrs and 8 mths old), doing our paperwork for Perth. We've been doing researches online abt housing, education, medical etc but found various and some pretty far apart information. Some answers as accurate as I can get from experienced migrants in Perth is much appreciated for these questions:
1) whats the average salary for an 8 yrs of experience motor mechanic?
2) which areas in perth are most affordable to live in for at least a 3-bedroom house?
3) how high can a tax be for an average paid mechanic?
4) are there part-time jobs for a stay home mum?

Thank you in advance!

Hi foxyangel80,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will be able to help you.

Do not hesitate to check out other threads as well.

Best of luck,
Christine

HI Foxy,

1) Some research on salaries can be gathered from websites such as Robert Half
2) What Visa did you guys apply for? The type of Visa impacts what kind of work you can find
3) Anywhere that you would like to stay would depend a whole lot on your budget. Being a fellow Singaporean myself, a recurring theme would be on Safety. What level of safety are you looking for?
Being accustomed to what we have grown up and having been acclimatised to, I would assume that with a family of kids in tow, safety would be very important.
4) Taxation is definitely much more painful than SG. There is a need to bear in mind that whatever you earn, between 30-40% of it would be wiped out by taxes vs in SG, we would probably have paid 1-2K on taxes a year. Down under, you would be looking at paying 2-300 a week in taxes.
Wishing you the best of luck
Leo

No part time work for stay at home mums.
Does your husband have a work visa arranged ?? 457 visa is required.
This requires sponsorship from prospective employer.
Tax is very high. I pay 42% and I am not in high income bracket
My tax for 5 months was $22,000.00. High incomes pay up to 46.5%
Perth rents are very high due to mining boom and fly in fly out workers transiting through Perth. 
You will need medical insurance cover.
Hard to get kids into a public school as there are zoning requirementsn for this. Private schools are very very expensive.
Try www.numbeo.com for cost of living etc.