Shipping goods to Africa

Hello All,

i am moving to Ghana (accra) from the UK and i'd like to understand the best way to ship my goods over (including some stuff for the locals e.g. shoes, cloths).

Any of you experienced a company you are happy to reccomend?

thanks very much!

ale

Hi ale,

Your topic has been moved on the Ghana forum. https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=95

Hope you will get help very soon.

Best of luck,
Christine

I suppose it all depends on the amount. For small boxes the postal system is probably the best.  You will have to collect them at the main PO and open them so that you can pay any duty.
For larger amounts you will need to find a shipper and share a container. I have never used one so hopefully someone else may advise you.

Look for Shipping agents in London who specializes in shipping goods to Ghana. These days people can ship items with estimated custom duty included. The shippers agent in Ghana will contact you by phone for pickup at the agent's office when your items arrive. If you are having trouble finding a shipper, your best bet is to look around London for a Ghanaian shop or restaurant and you will get help.  Good luck to you!

what kind of goods are you shipping

Try this shipping line BEST ONE is a door  to  door  services  here is their contacts mobile +233246955575  landline +233302245544

i called them to inquire if they do for USA too, unfortunately, they dont.  would you know of similar service handling USA to Accra?