Expat visa

I would like to live in Vietnam for some years. Is it possible to get a long term visa without marrying a Vietnamese woman?

Here's a few options:

https://www.expat.com/forum/219-3-visas-vietnam.html

Hi, does anyone know if there is an immigration office in Da Nang ?

and if so how much for 3 month single entry visa extension there through the office ?

also how long does it take there ? I know in Nha TRang the agents have to mail the pp's to HCMC so it can take about 10 days.

Thanks

Danang will most likely process the documents similar to Nha Trang. A standard visa extension = locally and others in Hanoi. There is a likelyhood, that Danang still has the authority to process them all.
One of the locals might be able to bring light into it.

Hi guy,

According to my knowledge, there is no immigration office in Danang.

The cost for 3 month single entry visa extension is about 40 USD through internet, (around 10 days).

Another option is to make visa on arrival, highly recommend it.

Pay 25 bucks. So fast (I dont know how long). Visit here: e-travelvietnam.com/visa.asp

Good luck!

Hien

MeesterJohn wrote:

I would like to live in Vietnam for some years. Is it possible to get a long term visa without marrying a Vietnamese woman?

Hi guy,

Long term visa is not possible if you dont marry someone Vietnamese.

But, I have some friends, they dont need to get marry but still stay in Vietnam by making visa 3 months multiple entry visa extension.

Hien

vietnamembassy.org.au/Consular.htm is the Australian visa side. Have a look. They never reply to emails and the website seems not have been updated since 2010 but its a start. It seems that all you do is get 3 month visa and keep renewing it by leaving the country and returning. Seems the done thing.

katiepd2011 wrote:

Hello! if you want to know more information about Vietnam's administrative formalities, please contact me : 0912565368 / 08 22374842  or email me [email protected]

Try advertising your services in the classified rather than posting across the forum to old posts.....

Hi John, how did you get on with your visa inquiry?... There is a lot of quality information, to be found here in the forums..
I have been living here in Hoi An, for just over a year now. And only stumbled across, this website yesterday.
In regards to your visa, I found a place in DaNang, that renewed my Visa(3 month, multiple entry) easy as.. The multiple entry is, way more expensive though, compared to the single entry..
I didn't have to leave the country(visa run), it took 11 days, to get my passport back(It did go, and, come back from Hanoi).... Also, I didn't have to wait, for my current visa to expire, before renewal(like in India)... This, will save me ca$h and a lot of time, in the future...
Take care Mate,
Look forward to catching up, some time.
Greg

Thanks Greg. I'll be in Hoi An about 14th September. Yeah, I'd like to catch up.

Meester John

Hey there John,
I'm not big on these 'mobile phone' things... So it's useless giving you my mobile number.. I seldom carry it with me, and when I'm at my house, it's always turned off....(I'm a retired paramedic...Any phone call, is bad news, and sends my BP through the roof)....
But, please contact me by email.. haddowgreg(at)gmail.com
I would be happy to help, with any questions you have...
Kind Regards
Greg

We are moving over for a year in early feb. How much does the 3 month multi cost and is it a travel agent you go through? Thanks

Hi Jed
No, it's not through a travel agent. It was with 24hvisa(dot)com
A really "cheezey" name, but they are friendly and helpful..

Address is at
Tầng 3, Trung Kỳ plaza - 54 Điện Biên Phủ, Quận Thanh Khê , Đà Nẵng

3 month Multi cost me 2.8 million vnd, so around AUD$145.. I normally would not need a multi, but I have two trips coming up..

Thanks Mate

Thanks. That sounds a lot as it only costs $165 for a multi 3mth visa and would have thought it would be way cheaper in Nam. But thanks. We are not coming till early fed will you still be in Hoi an ?  If so I will catch up with you and have a beer and a chat.

Yeah, it is costly.... But way cheaper than a visa run to Phnom phen.... For some reason, I thought you had to leave a country, to apply for a visa... If you can renew a visa, before your old one expires, inside the country, you need a visa for.... IT IS CHEAP!!

Look forward to catching up, for a beer... Also with any help, with you moving over here.... I'll be in Hoi An for maybe 1 more year..... I can hear Myanmar calling??.... Why Not??

Take care Mate... See you in Feb??
Greg

Don't know about Da Nang. But in Nha Trang Mi is just out of this world excellent at this, and very fair with her prices. I have her phone # if you would like to PM me

You can work and live long term in Vietnam if you can satisfy following conditions:
- Having a work permit
- Applying for a temporary residence cards
Normally, you can stay in Vietnam within 3 months without presenting any documents. Total cost for 3 months multiple entry visa upon arrival will vary on around $160 ($95 stamping fee and $55 processing fee)
You can find out a trustworthy visa agency in Vietnam when you making a search "Vietnam visa booking".