Looking for job with Chinese or German background.

Hi all,

I am 29 years old, living in Malta since 3 months and working currently in the betting industry.

Does someone know if there is opportunity to find any company with Chinese or German background? I would like to change my job and I am looking for new work opportunity.

I speak chinese, german, english, have work experience in bank, IT and betting industry.

Greetings from Germany

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Kai Liu !

I would suggest you to post an advert in the Malta jobs section.
It might help!

Regards
Armand

Hello Kai Liu,

I saw some jobs with Chinese within the gambling industry for which you can apply:

http://www.toplanguagejobs.co.uk/search … se/page-5/

There was an add for an country manager with this language for an iGaming company based in London, but I am unable to locate it now(in case I am finding it, I will post it here as well).

Good luck, I am sure that you will get the best job! Such a language combination as yours would be a great asset for a lot of companies.

Cheers,

Gergana

Hi Kar Liu,
I am a Chinese and looking for job in Malta. I find that there are many jobs in I Gaming industry and could you tell me how is this industry with your experience? Thanks.

Sam

Hi Sam,

from your posts from last year you are married to a Maltese and as such are entitled to the same rights as an EU citizen. So you can work in any area.

What have you been working at since last year ? It might be worthwhile to stick to your experiences and/or look at the financial industry or tourism.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky,
Thank you for your reply.
I target the job related to customer service and administration.
I tried the job agents and even sent email to the insurance companies and banks in Malta.
However, i found the job market is quite quiet and that's why I asked about Igaming industry.

Sam

Hey, Sammy:

Your focus on the iGaming industry is convenient. My observations are that the bank and insurance jobs are being occupied by Maltese ppl.

Make a quick search on the Pentasia webpage, on the learn4good one and a few more (Google will show you plenty of them) and I am sure that you will find some nice offers soon :).

Just one thing about I would like to warn you- if you are Chinese with a good German background, push hard first on the Chinese postings. I've applied for like trillion of jobs (which involved the use of secondary languages), but nobody even cared to answer back.I guess that they prefer native ppl, and this is normal. :)

Good luck!

Hi Yogurina,
Thank you for your advice.
I have applied job via Pentasia already and hope I can get response asap.

Sam:D

Yep, they will call you for an intro call at least! :) Pentasia are cool.

Hello everyone,

now I am back in Malta and thank you so much for the many feedbacks!

I am living in Gzira since 3 Months, I have German permeant resident and work permit, but I have still to apply one in Malta ( currently is in process ), I speak German ( I have been living in German for 11 years) Chinese (native language) so my job is now is to do the multi language support for the betting company. (german, chinese, english)

I do have experience in user support, I have German IT graduation (IHK) and certifications in ITIL ( Information Technology Infrastructure Library)  Bloomberg support and Routers Support (Bank Trader Software)

Do I have to apply a new work permit if I change my job?

Thank you again !

Kai

Formally - yes, you should apply every time you change something in your work (even the different positions within the same company) :(