Help Please???

We will be moving to Christchurch within the next 3 months, my husband will be there end of march. I have seen a house which is within our budget and from what i have seen on the photos, we really would like leasing this property.

The problem is I cannot "secure" the house as they have this policy that they cannot rent it out if someone hasn't seen it ( even if it is on our behalf). Can someone pleeeeaaaaseeee help me- i don't want to lose the house. Is there any other way to secure the House from South Africa??? The lease on the house is only starting in April.

Can someone also please help- which areas to stay away (if there are any).

Thanks so much.

Bernadine

Hi there Bernadine,

Congrats on the move,  I think I'm too late for your message to help you, but wanted to connect.

A bit about myself.  My hubby and I moved to NZ 8 years ago.  We lived in Auckland for the first 7, and recently moved to christchurch.  We have two little ones,  one girl aged 2.5 and a boy aged 1. 

I would be willing to assist you in attending viewings for houses and would love to meet when you're here.

Please feel free to email we with any help you need.  We had a lot of help getting us settled, and emigrating can be daunting, so we're here for you.  We've helped other couples settle and it is simply a matter of paying it forward.  So anything you need, just call.

Christchurch is a great place to live!

Take care,
Dalene