Anti spam system & new rules

himmat mehta 2017 wrote:

Being a social networking platform it is necessary to do the balancing act and I appreciate a set policy regarding repetition and unsolicited messages. However, the regulation should be applied sensibly and not as a rule cast in iron. I must have written a message on this blog perhaps more than a year ago but still find myself blocked. Strange way of promoting knowledge and network!! Would request the Administrator to insert additional filters such as time-lines, content restrictions and auto-activation after a certain period has lapsed from the point of embargo.

In 2 years you have posted once on the open forum, that was to introduce yourself. Posts on Nongeographical forums like this don't count. Yet your complaining that you can't spam the platform. I would say that means the system is working just fine.

ok now i understand how i can participation again

You're absolutely right.......I moved away from penning further conversations because everytime I wished to send a specific message, the response was that I cannot.

However, now that I am clear about the rules and am literally making a re-entry after such a long period, I think blocking specific messages to specific people doesn't act as a regulator anymore but more of a kill-joy. Not interested in spamming, only in one-to-one communication.........one has not done any spamming to the best of my knowledge.

I think the site Administrator needs to have a macro view of what we wish to achieve through this platform!! Instead of increasing participation, I see this permanent "Block" as detrimental to the entire cause.

Dreamer1230 wrote:

this is not convenient, please unblock

It is also inconvenient to those of us who take the time to explain how this forum operates every time some new member joins up and immediately complains about not being able to send messages.

So, please take the time to read and understand the forum rules which you agreed to when you ticked the 'I agree' box when you joined.

himmat mehta 2017 wrote:

You're absolutely right.......I moved away from penning further conversations because everytime I wished to send a specific message, the response was that I cannot.

However, now that I am clear about the rules and am literally making a re-entry after such a long period, I think blocking specific messages to specific people doesn't act as a regulator anymore but more of a kill-joy. Not interested in spamming, only in one-to-one communication.........one has not done any spamming to the best of my knowledge.

I think the site Administrator needs to have a macro view of what we wish to achieve through this platform!! Instead of increasing participation, I see this permanent "Block" as detrimental to the entire cause.

The rules are simple, participate on the open forum and you will be able to send PM's. If you want to send random messages to people, join Facebook.

SimCityAT wrote:
himmat mehta 2017 wrote:

The rules are simple, participate on the open forum and you will be able to send PM's. If you want to send random messages to people, join Facebook.

But we can't participate in the open forum, there í no writing access. Are you conflicting with your rules yourself?

SimCityAT wrote:
Amribrahemali wrote:

Ok what we have to do now to solve this problem

Maybe follow the rules.......

I follow the rules and I am blocked. This is humiliating! I doubt your website being racist and arrogant!

Was that an accusation of racism?

The very nature of a site intended to help people in other countries excludes that idiotic idea, and the site rules very strictly forbid any such extremist stupidity.

Fred wrote:

The very nature of a site intended to help people in other countries excludes that idiotic idea, and the site rules very strictly forbid any such extremist stupidity.

You are being extreme!
You blocked me not because I broke the rule, but because I am a local Vietnamese. Is that racist?

Bentreprovince wrote:

Dear sir,

As I told you I'm not good with this, and my wondering may bother you.

I join here for quit long, I did try to advertise something, and it worked.

Then I follow the instruction how to make a post. I did try to learn and read carefully but still can not.

I join the forum, then there is no " Create a post " on the left above. So I don't know how to make my own topic on forum.

If I join in someone post, I clicked and there is just a " Report" sign, and no " Reply " sign.

Anyway, I stucked in it fore long time, I look back again and again, so frustrating. And maybe today I may give up on this .

If you are someone who are supportive, please don't insult people who are don't know how it work.

Best regards

@Fred: You should read this too.

@Bentreprovince: Thanks for your post. I have the same feeling. We need to tell them about that, not because we need to participate in this website.

Lotusss wrote:
Fred wrote:

You are being extreme!
You blocked me not because I broke the rule, but because I am a local Vietnamese. Is that racist?

I didn't block you, you blocked yourself.
It's very possible user reports about your spam accelerated the block, but you must take responsibility for your actions rather than sling wild accusations around.

Lotusss wrote:
Bentreprovince wrote:

Dear sir,

As I told you I'm not good with this, and my wondering may bother you.

I join here for quit long, I did try to advertise something, and it worked.

Then I follow the instruction how to make a post. I did try to learn and read carefully but still can not.

I join the forum, then there is no " Create a post " on the left above. So I don't know how to make my own topic on forum.

If I join in someone post, I clicked and there is just a " Report" sign, and no " Reply " sign.

Anyway, I stucked in it fore long time, I look back again and again, so frustrating. And maybe today I may give up on this .

If you are someone who are supportive, please don't insult people who are don't know how it work.

Best regards

@Fred: You should read this too.

@Bentreprovince: Thanks for your post. I have the same feeling. We need to tell them about that, not because we need to participate in this website.

You should understand it. The poster admitted spamming to advertise.

Fred wrote:
Lotusss wrote:
Fred wrote:

You are being extreme!

I didn't block you, you blocked yourself.
It's very possible user reports about your spam accelerated the block, but you must take responsibility for your actions rather than sling wild accusations around.

I do not think I have time to talk to such an irrational person like you.

I do enjoy some friends here but I do not think this website is good enough for me.

And I do not welcome such a website with such irrational admins in my country, Vietnam. I do not welcome those foreigners who come to my country, enjoy everything my country bring to you, and show a racist and arrogant attitude to us. I strongly protest all these and do not welcome you.

Folks, lets be productive and forward thinking. No point making negative remarks. I think the Administrator has driven home its point regarding rules and protocol for using this platform. I think the Administrator should reactivate all blocked users with effect 01 April 2019 and all users need to be more mindful in future. Let there be a fresh start and let the network expand!

Hey, just want to ask a serious question to as many people as I can before I arrive at the country

Lotusss wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:
Amribrahemali wrote:

Ok what we have to do now to solve this problem

I follow the rules and I am blocked. This is humiliating! I doubt your website being racist and arrogant!

You started to doubting  that this website is racist and arrogant but in fact your behavior is.
On the moment you signed up, you clicked on the " I agree " box by admitting you understand the rules and policy of this forum without reading it.
And yet, you blame everyone else except yourself.

jasonlcy wrote:

Hey, just want to ask a serious question to as many people as I can before I arrive at the country

Ask your questions on the country forum where you want to go. Much better results than sending PM to random strangers.

Primadonna wrote:
Lotusss wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:

You started to doubting  that this website is racist and arrogant but in fact your behavior is.
On the moment you signed up, you clicked on the " I agree " box by admitting you understand the rules and policy of this forum without reading it.
And yet, you blame everyone else except yourself.

Haiz. What a website! Bye

himmat mehta 2017 wrote:

Folks, lets be productive and forward thinking. No point making negative remarks. I think the Administrator has driven home its point regarding rules and protocol for using this platform. I think the Administrator should reactivate all blocked users with effect 01 April 2019 and all users need to be more mindful in future. Let there be a fresh start and let the network expand!

Does that include all sex pest pests, scammers, and those attempting to lure women into being raped.

Of course, you could be wrong

Lotusss wrote:

Haiz. What a website! Bye

Bye :)

Good Analysis. Nice work

jasonlcy wrote:

Ask on the open forum, you will reach more people than sending single messages to people that might not want to be contacted.

hello . i blocked

hpw can i solve it

is still available for rent ?

wiki2012 wrote:

hpw can i solve it

Read the rules HERE.

heneq wrote:

is still available for rent ?

I don't understand your post, what is still available for rent?

sorry for that , thank you

i'm wondering if this is the forum ?
I thought it would a chat

thanks for your information

hello, here I am

Thank you for the help

Okay I got your point and noted yours with thanks.

Hello All ,

would like to introduce myself and meet new people here ? any one interested ?

Dear Julian,

I appreciate your concern about spam messages of copy paste.

Yet please appreciate that most of the people here would not have ample time to type the same thing again & again.

secondly, some basic intro can be copy pasted & then elaborated or changed also depending on the communication.

I would suggest that it would be prudent to check into any mischievious messages rather than something natural about introducing oneself & getting connected for business or as expats etc.

I hope that the serious concern about this can be looked into .

Otherewise probably, this may deter people to visit here and get connected frequently. I am working on trade between india & mongolia & thought that this site will be a boost to my pursuit,

hope you will be kind enough to find a solution which atleast ensures that people with serious work & in need of expat connects are not shooed away just for a copy paste of introduction.

Thanks & regards

Mukesh

thanks christina

Your reply is very rude

Mukesh Surana wrote:

I appreciate your concern about spam messages of copy paste.
I would suggest that it would be prudent to check into any mischievious messages rather than something natural about introducing oneself & getting connected for business or as expats etc.
I am working on trade between india & mongolia & thought that this site will be a boost to my pursuit,

Given business spam (often scam) is one of the prime reasons the system was put into place, thank you for confirming the system works.

yes pls do that

Will do sorry

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR