Anti spam system & new rules

ok
got it

thanks

Hello Expatriate am so sorry because i do not know how this site works because am new here but please if you will unblock me from private messaging i will be happy and keep to the rules of this site as i have read.

Hi I'm active on forum, but still not able to send messages

MeryemMilan wrote:

Hi I'm active on forum, but still not able to send messages

You have not been active in 2 years and made a couple of posts this year. Any posts on this thread do not count. So with that conclusion, you have not participated enough.

The nature of the messages must be considered. Let's say someone was advertising  recruitment services or something, the many spam reports from the unfortunate victims of the spam would trigger the anti spam system.

I understood, how much times should i reply on forums ecc.. to be considered active?

hi i have spoken on the form and i am still blocked from sending messages this is ridiculous rules

dave grande wrote:

hi i have spoken on the form and i am still blocked from sending messages this is ridiculous rules

I will try again. If you actually read the replies to your last post on this thread you will understand why the rule is in place, and most probably why you have not been reactivated.

dave grande wrote:

If you are not happy with the forum rules then you have the option of leaving the forum. To do this go the 'contact us' at the bottom of the page and go from there.

MeryemMilan wrote:

I understood, how much times should i reply on forums ecc.. to be considered active?

There is not defined number. The posts must be informative and topical. No posts of a religious nature, no silly one line posts either. The more times you post the capacity of your message box increases.

sara hajjouj wrote:

Sorry I just really need help so I asked many people.
I already posted in the forum.

Read post #1 on this thread. Posting here will not count towards having your pm system activated.

Ok just read it. Will wait for it to be unblocked

Togbejerry wrote:

Ok just read it. Will wait for it to be unblocked

You will wait a very long time if you don't follow the rules outlined in the very first post on this thread.

Julien wrote:

Hi,

in order to ensure quality to our users, and to considerably reduce the number of spam sent by private messages, we decided to set up a few new rules.

But we'll start with a few explanations.

Our definition of spam ?
Unsolicited emails or private messages.

How we detect spam ?
90% of spam is sent by new users
90% of spam are "copy and paste messages"

Please, please...
Don't send the same message to several users without taking the time to explain us how we could help you on the forum.

If you are a new user and if you post more than 5 copy and paste messages, your private message system gets blocked.

Stop asking us to unlock your PM system
You can unblock your private message system by yourself. How can you do that ?

Please take the time to present yourself on the forum, to participate to a few discussions (with real answers), and your private message system will be unlocked. That's it !

Togbejerry wrote:
Julien wrote:

Hi,

in order to ensure quality to our users, and to considerably reduce the number of spam sent by private messages, we decided to set up a few new rules.

But we'll start with a few explanations.

Our definition of spam ?
Unsolicited emails or private messages.

How we detect spam ?
90% of spam is sent by new users
90% of spam are "copy and paste messages"

Please, please...
Don't send the same message to several users without taking the time to explain us how we could help you on the forum.

If you are a new user and if you post more than 5 copy and paste messages, your private message system gets blocked.

Stop asking us to unlock your PM system
You can unblock your private message system by yourself. How can you do that ?

Please take the time to present yourself on the forum, to participate to a few discussions (with real answers), and your private message system will be unlocked. That's it !

I hope you can read understand and follow what you have posted here  :whistle:

Hi am a new member

First its not copy paste  massages
Second you have warning people before do that suddenly . I was using the site since 6 months ago . The basic core of the site to help expat people to communicate and to make a new friends in their new country they are living in thats as i understand  . And thats new policy is clearly against that concept
Third you control in people as they are in jail . And said is not ok for you go for another one. Hey do you know that your site is based on community.  Based on us as a members without us no website my dear

WAKEUP

You have to do more and more as you slave here

Hamzawy2020 wrote:

First its not copy paste  massages
Second you have warning people before do that suddenly . I was using the site since 6 months ago . The basic core of the site to help expat people to communicate and to make a new friends in their new country they are living in thats as i understand  . And thats new policy is clearly against that concept
Third you control in people as they are in jail . And said is not ok for you go for another one. Hey do you know that your site is based on community.  Based on us as a members without us no website my dear

WAKEUP

Wow, 6 months really? In all that time you have just made 3 posts here moaning and being rude. When you signed up you agreed to terms and conditions. It is not our fault if you failed to read them.
This site exists to help fellow Expats but it's not here for a free chat site nor is it here to hook up with people. Maybe you need to Wake up?

Hamzawy2020 wrote:

You have to do more and more as you slave here

Maybe this site is not for you then if you feel that way?

Thanks

I am trying to avoid spam cases. So I added this post

Please unblock me! I now understand your policy about not copy and paste a message repeatedly.

Hi there, I admit it, I copied and pasted a message to send it to several users...in order to save time. Just trying to get in touch with Irish/Northern Irish people in my area ;)

We live in that site . In dark ages here

Pieter Koen wrote:

Please unblock me! I now understand your policy about not copy and paste a message repeatedly.

It is not blocked.  :dumbom:

Read, understand and follow the rules in post#1 and your system will be activated. It is sometimes amusing but most of the time, annoying that new members simply do not read the forum rules before they hit the "I agree' button and then expect to immediately start sending out undulated unsolicited messages to complete strangers. This forum is set up for the exchange of information and advice between members. It is not a message board or a blog site

The forum rules are in place to stop trolls and scammers from joining up and bombarding members with their rubbish.

Once new members start following the forum rules then they are on their way to becoming contributing members.

My bad got stumped with copy paste commands.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the jobs section. Thank you

Hi,

I am trying to respond to an ad posted on the site but I can't. I am copying and pasting. Can you assist?

feduq wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to respond to an ad posted on the site but I can't. I am copying and pasting. Can you assist?

NO. 

Copy / paste against forum rules which obviously you did not bother to read when joining up. I suggest you go to post#1 on this thread and familiarize yourself with these rules.

The ball is in your court.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free promotion of your services is not allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the business directory. Thank you

Hello,

I am sorry that I sent similar texts to multiple people. But I was just trying to find an apartment and I was responding to different offers that I found in the housing group. As there are not so many different ways to describe what I am looking for I got blocked... I participated in threads but now I really need keep looking for an accommodation. Is there not a possibility to get unblocked?

Thank you,
Diana

I can't send massage

Diana_E wrote:

Hello,

I am sorry that I sent similar texts to multiple people. But I was just trying to find an apartment and I was responding to different offers that I found in the housing group. As there are not so many different ways to describe what I am looking for I got blocked... I participated in threads but now I really need keep looking for an accommodation. Is there not a possibility to get unblocked?

Thank you,
Diana

To reactivate your message system follow the forum rules laid out in post#1 here on this thread.
You need to post a number of informative and topical posts on other sections of the forum. Posting here will not count.

ali luqman wrote:

I can't send massage

As far as I know it is impossible to send a "massage"  :D
However it is possible for you to send a message.
To do this go to post#1 on this thread, read the forum rules and follow them.

I think the idea of blocking the email to avoid spam is good.  This can also avoid computer generated messages.

Please unblock thanks :(

alison ritchie wrote:

Please unblock thanks :(

Nothing to 'unblock'

You have not taken the time to read the forum rules.

The forum is not a message board or blog site which you join up and immediately start sending out unwanted, unsolicited messages to complete strangers.

You have to earn the right to send messages. This is done to stop spammers, scammers and general detritus from joining up and sending out their scams etc. 

To activate your pm system you first have to post informative, topical posts on other sections of the forum.

Go to post#1 on this thread to find out what you have to do to activate your system. There are also hundreds of other posts here that explain the rules.

Once you understand and follow the rues you will become a contributing forum member.

:dumbom:

It's great that you don't want spam, however when people are searching for apartments or trying to meet new people or find a job it's very difficult to describe what you're looking for in so many different ways, also typing out a long message over and over is very time consuming.
Regarding the Accommadations section, I would love to see a filter option as it is a faster and more efficient way of finding exactly what you're looking for.
(:

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR