Anti spam system & new rules

in fact I did and I joined the forum so you can take it easier of course if you are applying to few job offers you will send multiples msg and sometimes it`s the same as it is a introduction msg but as a moderator you can explain and assist the participants to understand the platform rules and go by it.

I appreciate that Expat.com makes an effort to reduce spam.  I am sure that most of us weren't actually spamming,  just looking for a more efficient way to make contact with other expats. But Expat.com can't discern all that so it has to have a protocol.

dorraazak wrote:

in fact I did and I joined the forum so you can take it easier of course if you are applying to few job offers you will send multiples msg and sometimes it`s the same as it is a introduction msg but as a moderator you can explain and assist the participants to understand the platform rules and go by it.

You need to post more and that means participating in the country forum(s) of your interest. Three replies is not enough to get your pm system activated.
Participating means answering someone else questions or share your own experiences.

lucas963 wrote:

I appreciate that Expat.com makes an effort to reduce spam.  I am sure that most of us weren't actually spamming,  just looking for a more efficient way to make contact with other expats. But Expat.com can't discern all that so it has to have a protocol.

We have indeed a protocol and it's written down In the first post of this thread.  Apparently you didn't read it quite well otherwise you understand the rules set up a very long time ago.

Awhh, Thank you x

Opps...

I didn't know about it ,plz unlock my PM system

[Post under review]

thank you for your update.

Ok Understood !!

ok I understand

thanks for your clear answer

ok i know now but please i wish to sent message again

Dar es salaam city guide wrote:

<span>[Post under review]</span>

If you did not know then you will have problems activating your pm system.
Follow the protocols aid out in post#1
You are the only one who can do this. The forum admin department will not.

Hi,
I am new to this site & unfortunately send some messages with my local language & as copy paste.
So my mailbox being blocked & ask you to unblock it
this will never happened again from my side
Regards,
Riyasz shan

Julien wrote:

Hi,

in order to ensure quality to our users, and to considerably reduce the number of spam sent by private messages, we decided to set up a few new rules.

But we'll start with a few explanations.

Our definition of spam ?
Unsolicited emails or private messages.

How we detect spam ?
90% of spam is sent by new users
90% of spam are "copy and paste messages"

Please, please...
Don't send the same message to several users without taking the time to explain us how we could help you on the forum.

If you are a new user and if you post more than 5 copy and paste messages, your private message system gets blocked.

Stop asking us to unlock your PM system
You can unblock your private message system by yourself. How can you do that ?

Please take the time to present yourself on the forum, to participate to a few discussions (with real answers), and your private message system will be unlocked. That's it !

Hello my private message section is blocked

Danieldsilva09 wrote:

I'm as shocked as I am sarcastic at this terrible injustice.

hello ,

im just a new user and im looking for new friends so because of that im sending many massages and copy and past massages .

thank you .

ahmadahmad_shaheen_2014 wrote:

hello ,

im just a new user and im looking for new friends so because of that im sending many massages and copy and past massages .

thank you .

This is classed as spam, sending unwanted messages. Why not take the time and create a new post and introduce yourself. It will reach more people that way.

Riyasz Shan wrote:

Hi,
I am new to this site & unfortunately send some messages with my local language & as copy paste.
So my mailbox being blocked & ask you to unblock it
this will never happened again from my side
Regards,
Riyasz shan

Read and understand the post that you copied and pasted which is not allowed on the forum.

Danieldsilva09 wrote:

Such a travesty of justice can only be rescinded by you taking the time to read,understand and follow the rules / protocols of membership laid out in post#1 on this thread.  :whistle:

Where is the forum to unlock my private messages?

Really not trying to spam anyone I'm just trying to connect with people an ex-pat.com and I am using a USB mic that is recording a brand new message every time so it's totally not copy and paste although I think I did some in the beginning thanks for all your doing to keep a secure and safe Nick Boork

Hi there guys! Apologies, I wasn't aware of the private message policy - but I subsequently think it is a good idea. Hopefully this gets me closer to a reactivated inbox. Best,
Will

Am sorry for the mistake I committed due to lack of knowledge. Am not new user but still am not aware of this particular rule. I met some interesting members of expat.com and I see this site very useful. I wish to be here. Will be glad to follow to your rules and like you said, I will participate in forum discussions. Please unblock and help me to write to members.

Let's hope it works out for you! I wrote on another forum topic and my account seems to be working OK now.

thank you, i didnt know about it.sorry

because i dint know the system will block me :)

ahmadahmad_shaheen_2014 wrote:

because i dint know the system will block me :)

The system will definitely block you if you do not follow the rules/information in post #1. However you need to post a few more times on other sections of the forum to activate your pm system.

Satya08 wrote:

Am sorry for the mistake I committed due to lack of knowledge. Am not new user but still am not aware of this particular rule. I met some interesting members of expat.com and I see this site very useful. I wish to be here. Will be glad to follow to your rules and like you said, I will participate in forum discussions. Please unblock and help me to write to members.

With only one post on the forum you are, indeed, a new user.
Your system is not blocked. Follow the rules in post #1 to have your system activated. Post informative topical posts on other sections of the forum. Posting here on this thread will not help towards activating your system.

arie08 wrote:

Where is the forum to unlock my private messages?

I find it disconcerting, amusing and outright offensive when people join up and immediately complain when they cannot start sending out unwanted, unsolicited messages to complete strangers. The forum is not a blog site or message board. If that is what you want then look elsewhere. New members seem to be able to find this thread to complain, but are ignorant when it comes to finding out how the forum functions.

Actually you are on the forum when you joined.
However, your message system will not be activated until you have posted a number of times on other sections of the forum with informative,topical posts.
Read, understand and follow the rules laid out on post #1 on this thread. This tells you how.
Posting here on this thread will not count towards activation.

ok .. thank you

I am sorry I was pasting messages

Jerry Seo wrote:

I am sorry I was pasting messages

We are too as it creates unwanted work for the admin department.

hi how can i send a question in forum

I am sorry i do not know about that will block my account i am really sorry. I will never make copy and paste..  sorry again

aek1970 wrote:

hi how can i send a question in forum

You can open a new thread on any section of the forum and ask your question.

Thank you

Dear sirs
Of course am not intending to send spam  i just would like to go to the country but as you know people are always hesitating in such a step. That is why I tried to send to more than one participant as i expected few may reply (people every where are busy and might not have the time to communicate).
And there might be a mutual benefit for me and the person  i contact there.
Thanks

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR