DR SULAIMAN AL HABIB HOSPITAL

Hello, everyone! Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about DR SULAIMAN AL HABIB HOSPITAL. We are want to change our hospital- we are not very happy with Kingdom H.
thank you

Are you Med or Nurse?

I guess shes neither of those !!

our 1,5 y.o. son needs a plastic s.on his hands- to separate fingers. He has had one done already,  but We were not happy with aftercare in Kingdom Hospital

I am sorry to hear your infant is presented with Syndactyly  (webbed fingers).  It is common for parents to feel anxiety post op, as many expect their child to have the appearance of a completely normal hand.

I assume you say your child has had "one hand" completed?
Post op procedure is a cast insitu for about 3 weeks. Was this done?
Removing this, did they replace with a brace?
Did they provide you with a rubber spacer to use when the child sleeps?
Have they offered physio? If so, are they assisting with your child's stiffness and range of motion?
If you can answer yes to all these questions, then what is the problem?
Feel free to email me.

Perhaps this topic will help?

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=57715

It's regarding pregnancies, but there were some recommendations from a few people.  My husband and I went to Kingdom Hospital when he wasn't feeling well.  I didn't care for it at all.  We have gone to Saudi German Hospital as well and even though it was confusing, we always had someone walk up to us to help.  I am assuming it is because we looked lost, but we definitely did not get that kind of help at the other one.  Just a thought.  I hope you find a good hospital for your son :)

Dr. Mohammed Al Qattan at King Khalid University has just emailed me. Here is his number to his private clinic: Riyadh#4644100

Good luck

Thank you very much for your response and time! Our son had his first operation when he was 9 months old. We asked a few times our surgeon if he could have phisio but he insisted because of the young age it was not possible. He suggested we massage fingers. I have been using bio oil - supposed to be good for the scars.
Fortunately on both hands had bones separate but on one hand two fingers were joined fully and on the right hand 2/3 b/w 2 fingers and the same finger on the other side half way( so they could not do it at once).
So we need to finish the right hand and the left hand the skin it too tight so we ended up with a bent finger that needs releasing and some phisio will be necessary- I hope we can recover it :(
After the 1st op we had soft bandages - two layers to separate fingers and the top one - nothing else. It is the hygiene that upset us about K.H. When the nurses were changing the bandages first few weeks after the operation we had problems- my husband  stoped them from cutting some skin sticking out with the scissors that were obviously not sterilised or when we told them they did the bandage too tight they told us if were not happy to go to the emergency room - that is what we did- by the time we got there our son's hand was blue. After that we Started going to the emergency and I must say they were much more professional there and even washed their hands before changing the bandage!
As you say, parents are very sencitive when it concernes their children's health even if everything  goes smoothly,  but if something goes wrong, one becomes very anxious
If you know any good surgeon or hospital or any advise you could give I would appreciate it

Hello, Suzan, is this doctor a plastic surgeon or is it the clinic you would recommend to us?
Thank you very much!

Both; he was on the team several years back for the conjoined twins.

If you require any more assistance, email me. Thank you.

Good luck

Sorry, I just saw this. I have cut and paste your reply below and my answer is in parenthesis ( ).

Thank you very much for your response and time! Our son had his first operation when he was 9 months old. We asked a few times our surgeon if he could have phisio but he insisted because of the young age it was not possible. He suggested we massage fingers. I have been using bio oil - supposed to be good for the scars.

(Okay, I did not realize your child was so young. Yes, he is correct to suggest massaging. I hope he explained that when you do massage, direct towards the heart, not away).

Fortunately on both hands had bones separate but on one hand two fingers were joined fully and on the right hand 2/3 b/w 2 fingers and the same finger on the other side half way( so they could not do it at once).
So we need to finish the right hand and the left hand the skin it too tight so we ended up with a bent finger that needs releasing and some phisio will be necessary- I hope we can recover it
After the 1st op we had soft bandages - two layers to separate fingers and the top one - nothing else. It is the hygiene that upset us about K.H. When the nurses were changing the bandages first few weeks after the operation we had problems- my husband  stoped them from cutting some skin sticking out with the scissors that were obviously not sterilised or when we told them they did the bandage too tight they told us if were not happy to go to the emergency room.

(Staff knows about cross infection, as this is one of the guiding principles in nursing practice.  They should be held accountable for any wrong doing.  Next time, film them.  For now, I would record their names and write a letter of complaint (you keep a copy) - send to Hospital Board, Director of Nursing, and Charge Nurse. Don't be emotional, just use facts.  That also applies to Doctors in Saudi. Write a factual letter of complaint to the Medical Council, Hospital Board and their Supervisor. If you do not get a response, do a follow up call, and/or another letter. If all else fails, go to the press. In western countries you directly lodge a complaint with the Council, however in Saudi Arabia it takes a long time, if that, for accountability to acknowledged).

Why are state all 3 is because at least one will eventually get back to you. - that is what we did- by the time we got there our son's hand was blue. After that we Started going to the emergency and I must say they were much more professional there and even washed their hands before changing the bandage!
As you say, parents are very sencitive when it concernes their children's health even if everything  goes smoothly,  but if something goes wrong, one becomes very anxious

If you know any good surgeon or hospital or any advise you could give I would appreciate it

(Pediatric Surgical team at King Faisel)

Hiring process is taking too long. Moreover, during an interview with the vice predefined of the group, no questions were answered making it more like a monologue!

I walked in with good impression but I left with bad one.

FYI

How much is the salary of a nurse in dr. Sulaiman al habib?