Seating capacity for 2000 people?

Hi guys!

I am inviting a musician for a wedding in Riyadh in either May/June/July.
However, he will only attend if he can also hold a concert.

I have a question on how I can find a venue big enough, given that concert halls are non existent.

Can anyone recommend a venue that can comfortably accommodate at least 2000 people seated.

If we find a venue big enough, and he likes it, I will definitely share the details and so it would be something that everyone can look forward to.

I was also thinking about hiring a wedding banquet hall as the venue, and putting the required male/female partitions. Does the muttawah have access to private wedding halls? (There is no singing or dancing, all performers will wear suits and will be male)

Thanks for your help!

Contact thr Dip quarter. They might be able to offer this serivce.

The religous police have no right to this area and if they gate crash your wedding..do what I do..tell them to shut up and clear off. This is 2013, not the dark ages.

Good luck

suzan wrote:

do what I do..tell them to shut up and clear off.

I find this difficult to believe and would certainly not advise anybody to do this.

"Unhappiness is often caused by tendency to find fault with others.”
Toba Beta, Betelgeuse Incident

Hey,

Contact AISR (American international school) they have a theatre that could easily fit a 1000 guests (I doubt 2000 though). Previously they've hosted stand up comedy shows with international comedians. Another option could be Reem Ralley circuit who also host concerts. Keep in mind that even though this artist or band demanded 2000 attendees they don't realize that ticket prices have such a highmark up value compared to else where that even if the number was 1000 they'll still make they're money easily.

Best of luck

Sarahruh wrote:

Hi guys!

I am inviting a musician for a wedding in Riyadh in either May/June/July.
However, he will only attend if he can also hold a concert.

I have a question on how I can find a venue big enough, given that concert halls are non existent.

Can anyone recommend a venue that can comfortably accommodate at least 2000 people seated.

If we find a venue big enough, and he likes it, I will definitely share the details and so it would be something that everyone can look forward to.

I was also thinking about hiring a wedding banquet hall as the venue, and putting the required male/female partitions. Does the muttawah have access to private wedding halls? (There is no singing or dancing, all performers will wear suits and will be male)

Thanks for your help!

I will suggest you to go for a big “Isteraha”, most of them are located on the outskirts of  the city. They won't be having a hall to accommodate 2000 persons but they reasonably facilitate open air seating. Almost all big Isterah's provide tenting, lighting, catering services and extra Generators to cope up with any power outage.   

Chances of Muthawa disturbing in big Isterahas is very less.

Thank you for your recommendations. :)

Sarahruh wrote:

Thank you for your recommendations. :)

welcome, dont forget to invite us :)

good luck dear but its to risky

talya wrote:

good luck dear but its to risky

No, not at all if you go for Isteraha. They ensure privacy reasonably.

Y0u can contact to different Embassies or Compounds which has huge space for 2000 people