Tips on travelling from Doha to others countries for holidays

Hi,

I am in Doha and I am planning to take holidays in april. So, I would like to know if you can advice me.
I know that Dubai is not far, Oman too. Also Maldives, Seychelles, Sri Lanka.
But everything seems to be expensive, so I would like to know if it is possible to travel with a reasonable budget from Doha, where and how?

Could you please share your travel experiences from Qatar to other countries? Have you got tips, do you know travel agencies which could organized travel packages?

Thank you for your help !!!!!

I find expedia.com and lastminute.com are ok - if you search the "world" sections they will give you some reasonable deals on accommodation & flights.

You might also want to look more closely at dates/days - in my experience you will pay more during "peak" times which includes the school holiday periods - one of which is the beginning of April - you might like to try the end of april or beginning of may - you may be surprised to find there is a significant price difference. Also, for some reason it can be more expensive to travel on particular days of the week - or at particular times of the day....... i.e. late night flights ('red eyes') are often cheaper.

As for where to go - often I look at a couple of places and see what deals are available and then make the choice.