Thinking to move to sweden

hello to everyone. i'm new here, but i want to know a few things, if you are kind enough to tell me. me and my wife want to move to sweden in june this year. i speak quite well english language, but she's not so good at it. i'm an engeneer and she's an economics. will it be hard (from what U know) to get a job and start prctically from zero our lifes there? maybe this is a stupid question, but for us is quite important. thank U for your time in telling us something.

Yes, it's hard. Particulary if you don't speak Swedish. Being an engineer will help, as there are often vacancies for engineers. But you will need to improve your Swedish language skills very quickly. And your English also. You will be starting your life from zero again, but that can be very rewarding also.

Thank you for your advice. I think that once arrived there and finding a place to work i will start to understand and speack Swedish language also, because my english is quite good. If U are kind enough please tell me about the rent of an appartment. is it expensive?  Is it hard to find a place to live if coming from a different country? Same about the job. thank you in advance.

apartment prices vary a lot, depending on where you want to live. Obviously the larger cities cost a little more. A good place to start is at blocket.se. Choose the part of the country you are interested in from the map, select Lägenheter from the Katagorier list, and there's usually a selection to look through.

Some landlords, if they are companies, may ask for a reference, or some proof that you can pay for the monthly rental. Many apartments are offered for rent by existing tenants. So you are not renting directly from the building owner. These can be a little more expensive, and you should check that the tenant is allowed to rent the apartment to someone else first.

why dont you star learning Swedish even now? that might help you a lot wneh you coming with some knowlege of Swedish. It is hard but possible to get job in English. Att depends on your qualifications

hi again. I'll try to find something about swedesh language from the internet. my references... hm, I don't know if enyone will belive me when I'll tell them what kind of person I am in my country. I'll start with you guys. Well, I am an engeneer at the ambulance in the county I leave, and in my spear-time I teach rules of circulation on the roads that are applyable in all Europe, I'm a teacher. So, I guide  the ambulance drivers all day long, then in the afternoon i teach people how to drive thoretical way. what do you think? do I have good recomandation for an employer? thank you. Talk to you soon. Bye bye

Hi,

We're moving with my boyfriend to Stockholm in this spring and we're looking for an apartment. You mentioned already the website blocket.se but are there some other websites where to find apartments for rent? Do you have any idea which areas/parts of stockholm are nice? I've understood that not definatetly Kista/Rinkeby etc. but what kind of place is e.g. Solna, Lilla Essingen or Lidingo? I understood that Ostermalm, Sodermalm, Gamla Stan or Vasastan are good, what else would you recommend?

Tack!

claudiu3108 wrote:

hello to everyone. i'm new here, but i want to know a few things, if you are kind enough to tell me. me and my wife want to move to sweden in june this year. i speak quite well english language, but she's not so good at it. i'm an engeneer and she's an economics. will it be hard (from what U know) to get a job and start prctically from zero our lifes there? maybe this is a stupid question, but for us is quite important. thank U for your time in telling us something.

It will be almost impossible, Swedes are very helpful and at the same time, xenophobic. They don't hire foreigners, especially ones that don't come from English speaking countries. Get a job first, and although everyone speaks English here, Swedish is almost a requirement to get a job. Good luck. I can't wait to leave, I've finally reached my tipping point and must go to save my sanity.

There is a good talk forum for English speaking expats living in Sweden, lostinsweden.com

Buna Claudiu,

Am incercat sa iti scriu acum ceva timp dar aveai mesajele blocate, daca mai ai nevoie de informatii sau de altceva, lasa-mi un mesaj.

Alexandra

Hi everybody! I need more information about The County Council of Gävleborg. We are a family from Romania, my his wife received a job offer from Sweden (she's a doctor, child Psychiatry). we will go at the end of May to visit the area but i admit that we know very few things about Sweden. The language seems to be very difficult, we don't know exactly if the wife's salary is enough for the whole family at the beginning(we have a 5 years boy).
Thank you for all the information's!

Hi everyone!We are a Romanian family wanting to relocate to Sweden.We are 30 years old,speaking really well English, but no Swedish and we have great experience in client service and tourism.Do you think that it would be difficult for us to find some jobs in tourism for example(we also speak Spanish and Italian and we are quick learners ).If we come to Sweden,is it hard to find accomodation? We would have money to stay for at least 2 months,but do u think we could find some job in those months :)? Thanks as I know you will answer me :)