Teaching ESL

Hello,

My wife and I are preparing to apply to teach English in Dubai starting in September 2014. By the time we apply, we will have Masters of Arts in Education with specializations in teaching and learning globally, TESOL certificates and some Arabic language experience. I guess I am just trying to figure out if this will be enough to get a good paying job. Neither of us have teaching certificates in the US not do we have experience teaching English in the classrooms. I was a substitute teacher for a year and a tutor for English for a few months, my wife has been a private nanny for the last three years and doesn't have classroom teaching experience. I don't want to do all this work and then not be able to even get a good job. We will be completed with our Master's degree's in February, will this give us time to apply? Thank you very much for your in put. Also do you have any suggestions of companies we should go through?

Joshua

Hi Joshua,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

I wish you good luck,

Christine

In Abu Dhabi, approval has to be granted by ADEC and unlikely to be approved without a teaching certificate.

What do you mean by teaching certificate! Do you mean a teaching license from ones country or something like ceta, tefl?