New User to Ohio USA

Hi,
I am not yet living in Ohio but hope to soon be there to start my life, after years apart, with my lovely husband.
I am writing a blog about my experiences/life about being apart from my husband in a long distance relationship, the whole emmigration process.
I include fun guess the picture posts about the UK and US and love to have comments that I always respond to. I would love it if anyone interested would head on over to my blog and take a look / leave a comment. I update regularly so keep a look out!
Thank you!

My blog is: themovetoamerica.wordpress.com

Hello mpmbarker. Im a long time resident of Ohio. Hope you enjoy it.

Hi, elaine123, thank you so much for your reply. I am very much looking forward to being in Ohio - I am hopeful it will not be too much longer now!

Ohio has relatively low costs of living, rural areas, great suburbs, and cities that offer varied attractions.

One attraction to Ohio is that its metropolitan areas, unlike many others in the U.S., have large metro (county) park systems that preserve the regions' natural attractions.

Hi alex_carter,

thank you for your reply.

I look forward very much to seeing more of what Ohio has to offer when I finally get there. I especially like the idea of the easy access to rural areas.

MPMBarker7...... just checking to see if you made it to Ohio?  Best of luck to you!

Hello!

Sadly I am still in the UK waiting to finish the final stages of my visa. I am really hopeful that it will not be too much longer!

We have had so many delays it is proving very stressful.

If you want to follow the journey you can visit my blog where I update every few days on various things / updates. If you have any Ohio / US related tips or info that you wish to share, feel free to leave a comment or question on my blog.

Thanks!

Molly

Do you know what area in Ohio you are going to? I'm in the North Central are right on Lake Erie. If you're coming to this area I'll be more than happy to try to help you with your transition.

Ed

Hi EdBruck,

I may be in the Toledo area but not yet decided for sure - leaving that up to my husband.

Thank you for the offer of help with my transition - when I am finally there, and if I need some advice I'll put a shout out on here!

Have a great evening!

Hi there,

Have you made it here yet? We know some Saffers in Bowling Green (not too far from Toledo) would would be happy to help you acclimate to your new life here!

Also, for any Saffers coming to Ohio or who are keen to meet up with fellow "Ohio Saffers," please join the wonderful Facebook page that Zoe Botha (Columbus) set up:

facebook.com/groups/118450658325626/

Welkom!

Shelley

Hi, I've not made it there yet but am nearing the end of the process now.

I may be showing my ignorance but I am not sure what a  'saffer' is but will check out the facebook page.

Thanks for your message. :-)

Hi again,

"Saffer" is a colloquial term for "South African," typically ascribed to those of us now living abroad. And no worries - we're a friendly bunch!

Shelley