MOUNTAIN BIKING IN SHANGHAI?

Hello everyone! I am in the USA now (I was living in Wuhan not long ago) and will move to Shanghai soon. I have been there quite a few times but I have no idea how is the sports scene over there.

ARE THERE ANY NICE PLACES TO MOUNTAIN BIKE OVER THERE?

I am not sure if I should bring my bike there (a competitive one, in China they are so expensive). I'll bring it with me if there are some decent places to ride, otherwise, it's not worth having a nice mountain bike there.

If there are some riders reading this, please hit me up with a few lines!

Cheers!

like proper mountains? I have a buddy who was an avid cyclist out here, but more road biking than anything- its pretty darn flat. I think there's one hill over in Sheshan. Apparently there's some foresty-type bike trails out on chongqing island just outside SH proper.

Thanks a lot for the info. Is your buddy still in Shanghai?

I googled Sheshan and it seems quite far from the city center. Do you know how the logistics were? Ride all the way there, ride there and then back? Or take any sort of transportation just a bit closer to Sheshan and do the riding over there?

Hope to hear from you again!

Bikes in shanghai are cheap.... Easier to buy one here via taobao or other online stores and sell when you leave. City biking very common, mountain biking better go outskirts...

Yea, sheshan is quite far, you can go by metro about 1hr- or bike there direct if you want to.
My cyclist friend has since moved to Taiwan, but there's def some clubs you can join- but I think its mostly road biking.

Yes bikes are cheap, but you compromise quality. If you bring your super fance bike, be prepared to haul it in your apt and bring an American U-lock!!!  We use at least 2 locks at all times. Folks will steal any vehicle not locked down.

Dont forget to bring heavy duty locks, i had my bike stolen once already and it was locked.

When i reported it to the police, they saw in cctv camera that they put my bike in a truck!

Dont want to scare you, but biking here is a nice experience.