Sahlab

I bought a package of sahlab from the brand of Blue Mill.
Unfortionally there is no instructions on the package how to prepare it.

I love sahlab but I can't make it.

Who can help me with this?
I like it so much in these cold and wet days.

Just add hot water ! and if u wanna add nuts at the top !i think it 'll looks wow  ! huh ! u can make it by yourself as in this video  ! ^_^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfeIs773toU but i'll not tell u the ingredients since you should examine your Arabic language also here ! i'm just kidding ! Ingredients : a cup of hot milk (it shouldn't be skimmed or low fat (Full fat is required), 1 table spoon of starch ! one table spoon of Sugar ! 1 tea spoon of Blossom water !some coconut and other nuts at the top to make it looks good ! then if u want to eat it something with it ! it is very common in the Jordanian and palestinian costume to eat some Croissant (never forget to put Sesame on it ) with Sahlab ! enjoy ! :):) ^_^

Sukran illik!!!

But I tried today with one teaspoon but it becomes to thick.
I search also on the internet and starch is not the same as the shalab powder.

yes it is not as the sahlab powder it is one of the ingredients ,,, By the way Prime ( Ilak ) not (iLLik ) i'm a Man ! hhhh ! ^_^

Ana asef, Ana la aerf inta rajoel.

Sorry that I didn't know that you are a man.
If I did then I would said Illak. ;)

Hahahha Prima  .why did u say sorry . I just wana correct ur info if u think that 'illike' is used for a man . ^_^ yes sahlab at home 'll be thick coz i think u didnt not get that machine used in restaurants and kiosks which work as a spinner stirs the sahlab continuously. ^_^  Btw Prima why not you post a subject about gathering! You got a special social character and i think everybody here knows you ! Plz do it if u can ! :)

Bara Subé wrote:

^_^  Btw Prima why not you post a subject about gathering!

There where to many post about meetings or gatherings but it seems not many are intersted.
Kate and I are not the only one how can organise.

Why you don't do it? :P

Certain things taste better home made, others taste better made by a cook. I never liked creme caramel much, but last time at a restaurant it was really delicious. Sahlab is delicious too and I think better to make at home, but don't ask me how :)

After many attempts I think that you can better buy sahleb then making at home....:/

And I agree, some things you can make at home better then elsewhere and some things don't.

I'll ask around and let you know whether it is better made at home and how, or from the market :)

Milk, Nasha, Sugar, grated coconut or nut..
In winter shops sell it..

Thanks for your effort.
Downtown I buyed once there and it was very delicious.
It was a small drinkshop, you know where they sell coffee and tea, at the opposite of a parking.
It was decorated with tiny chunks of pistache, cocos and a little bit cinnamon.

No more package from the store but just buy at these small coffeeshops.

Sahteen :-)