How to create a society in Ukraine for foreigners

Hi

I would like to start a software company in Ukraine and I need your help please "to answer the following questions:

- Foreign investors are welcome in the Ukraine?

- Is it difficult to register a company in Ukraine?
- What are the types of companies in Ukraine and constraints
- What are the  procedures?

- What is the corporate tax rate in Ukraine?

- Is it easy to recruit? which organizations to contact?

- What is the average salary of executives in IT (Web Development & Design)? Kiev and other cities

All your advice and responses are welcome.

Thank you very much for your participation

Hello theg.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I invite you to read this thread on Doing business in Ukraine.

Thank you,
Aurélie

- Foreign investors are welcome in the Ukraine?
Of course they are welcome. Though is it easy for them to do business in Ukraine is another question.

- Is it difficult to register a company in Ukraine?
You won't make it from the first time without professional help. But I would say it is relatively easy according to Ukrainian realities. But it is not like in some western countries where the procedure takes 5 minutes.

- What are the types of companies in Ukraine and constraints
Well, if you want a solid answer to this question you'd better be ready to pay for it. Basically you will need to choose between an LLC or Physical Person-Entrepreneur (the last is not a legal entity). You can also buy an active Private Enterprise (they are not registered any more but you can buy an existent one). All other types of companies in Ukraine do not suit to your purpose I guess. To find more you can search for “doing business in Ukraine” surveys prepared by the companies of the Big Four or by offices of big international law firms.

- What are the  procedures?
In general and for legal entities: you draft your charter and minutes, rent an address for your company, fill in some forms, pay UAH 170 and go to the relevant state administration, stay in a long line, submit the docs and get your company registered. This is the core. Lots of other things happen around this depending on your particular case.

- What is the corporate tax rate in Ukraine?
In general it is 16%. But taxes in Ukraine have always been complicated. There are lots of exceptions and peculiarities. There is also such thing as the unified tax. Your taxes can be calculated only after a thorough study of your business to be carried out.

- Is it easy to recruit? which organizations to contact?
There are a number of recruiting companies, some are specialized on the IT sector. If you do not have someone to suggest you some particular company, then just do some google search. You should not have many problems with finding them.

- What is the average salary of executives in IT (Web Development & Design)? Kiev and other cities
I personally do not know, but recruiting companies should advice you on this matter.