Taking my Vietnamese girlfriend to the UK

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping I could try and catch someone on here who has experience in the above.

On March the 5th I have a flight booked to Hanoi with my girlfriend for an interview she needs to have with the embassy for a proposed visit to the UK we have planned for the beginning of June.

To make things as pain free as possible I was looking at paying for a service to help us with the online application and additional docuementation needed.

We have approached a company who have advised before they will even consider helping us they need a formal letter or invitation from the UK inviting her for a visit. Apparently although I am a British citizen and am financially secure to support her trip it is not enough and it needs to be from someone currently residing in the UK.

The problem I have is that's all they are telling me. I have no idea what EXACTLY they need for this letter of invitation. I want my parents to formally invite my girlfriend but I have no idea what documents they need, if they need their signatures to be witnessed, bank statements, proof of home ownership, anything!

I just need someone to give me step by step instructions for my parents and tell me exaclty what they need to do. After this is all sorted I then have to find a way to get the original documents from my parents to Vietnam before the 5th of March. Does anyone know a mail service which would guarantee delivery within a month?

If anyone can give me any advice I will be extremely grateful.

Many thanks,

Michael

You don't need to pay a visa company to do this. You can do it yourself - see http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas … g/general/   
If it's too convoluted to understand it's best to hire a professional immigration consultant - just make sure they are OISC registered - see http://oisc.homeoffice.gov.uk/how_to_fi … n_adviser/

Be careful of them saying you must pay a fee for the visa, separate from their fee for preparation.  I noted a visa service here in the US that mentioned the fee for the visa to enter Venezuela was $100.  From personal experience a person fills out a card just before landing and hands it to immigration.  There is no fee.