Internet jobs in Thailand, Bangkok

Dear friends,
My boyfriend and I (we are going to get married on arriving in Thailand) are in our country and we have decided to move to Thailand forever, but we do not know how to find a job. I have MA in English Language and Literature, and my boyfriend has a lot of experiences in different jobs, esp. repairing electronics, working with computer soft wares,but unfortunately he does not have any degree to present.
I am trying to find valuable information about how to run an internet job in Thailand, Bangkok. But I have not found anything yet.
I would be grateful to you if you would share me your experiences.

Sahar

Sahar - nothing is going to change. You have credentials, you should have no problem finding a job. Your boyfriend will have more difficulty.

I'm not sure what you mean by "running an internet job" but if you mean, running an internet business, you're going to need to do your research. Every expat and there mother has an in internet business in Thailand and competition is stiff.

What you really need to understand is that there is tons of competition. People all over the world want to live here and the Thai government is making it more and more difficult for foreigners to work here. Without credentials, only those who have money to tide them over until they can make it, or the very resourceful, can make it here for the long term.

I have a friend who worked in the IT industry and now works as a technical rep having to do with some sort of hardware...he worked at Microsoft and has all sorts of certifications. The company he worked for was very careful about his job description because there is a narrowing list of job descriptions allowable by the Ministry of Labor. 

I'm sorry to tell you these things but the reality is that without credentials, or a portable job, and some luck, it is not easy to simply pick up and move here.

Hello Scott.. I do not disagree with anything you say about the competitiveness of succeeding with an internet-based business.  Now, there are people who make a comfortable living from the internet;  however, as you indicate, there a many others who try and don't make it.

But, assuming one were able to achieve some level of success, are there are any Thai Government restrictions on owning and operating an internet business, as a foreigner living in Thailand?

Speaking in generalities, if you are working, paid or unpaid in Thailand without a work permit, you are working illegally. A person could technically be considered working simply by going to Chatuchak with the intention of reselling the product online or back home, but fortunately the Thai officials are lenient in these matters. If you're buying products in Thailand, going home, putting them online and then selling them, again, technically illegal. Many years ago I did this. If you ship in bulk back home, in essence you are exporting items for resale. I have never heard of Thais being this strict but personally I think if you give Thais absolutely no reason to even think about causing problems for you, you're much, much better off.

Sahar,

Most expats start off with teaching English at various language centers as part-time. If you are lucky you might get a job in the international schools. These jobs are lot easier to secure if your are fair skin westerner (ugly truth).

I have seen highly under qualified expats getting jobs in various educational institution simply because of their complexion.

It is important to ask yourself "what can i offer Thailand which no Thais can do?"

I would always recommend for both of you to secure a job in Thailand prior to arriving here.

Cheers

There are jobs available but a lot of them will not give you a work permit and then you work AYOR. 
I know foreigners running internet sites from Thailand, but the servers are outside of Thailand.  Still not legal but what you work with on your own computer are mostly your own private stuff...

Being an agent or a distributor for a foreign company might be a good business for expats in thailand

[moderated: off topic here]