Panama

My family is thinking about retiring in Panama. We will be taking a trip in May to explore our options. We would eventually like to rent or buy a condo on the beach. We are looking at the Coronado area or? Any suggestions as to how to start this process. What airport to fly into, transportation from the airport, best way to research living in Panama. Not sure how to come up with an itinerary that will give us an opportunity to explore the beach areas for living.

We live in David and I'm not familiar with Coronado. But I can tell you that you need to fly into Panama City - Tocumen (PTY) There are taxis and buses everywhere in Panama, and I'm sure others can give you more info about getting to Coronado from there.

Everyone will give you advice to RENT, do NOT buy until you have been here at least 6-12 months! If you buy and then decide this is not for you, you are stuck. The best thing is exactly what you are doing - come visit and see how it feels to you. Good luck :)

Kris

cccoger wrote:

My family is thinking about retiring in Panama. We will be taking a trip in May to explore our options. We would eventually like to rent or buy a condo on the beach. We are looking at the Coronado area or? Any suggestions as to how to start this process. What airport to fly into, transportation from the airport, best way to research living in Panama. Not sure how to come up with an itinerary that will give us an opportunity to explore the beach areas for living.

Thank you Kris. I appreciate your information. I would love to hear from other people that are familiar with the beach areas in Panama. Also, how to make the most of our 1 week trip looking at different areas to live.