Iqama transfer question (from one profession to another)

One of my friend who is in Dammaam is in following situation so I wanted to know if it possible or not.

He has done Masters in Electrical Engineering as well as Bachelors in Commerce.

There was problem with his Masters degree so he came on the basis of Bachelors degree.

He showed experience (the letter you need to show at the time of applying for visa) of a "Finance Manager" working in XYZ company for the past 3 years.

Now he is working in Saudia as Electrical Engineer but on "Accounting/Finance" visa.

He has got job offer from another company in Saudia where he applied as an Electrical Engineer.

Can his iqama be transferred to new company with correct profession which is Electrical Engineering based on Masters degree issue of which is now fixed?

I don't know if it is called transfer of Iqama or what ever but you got the point i.e. now he wants to work with new company with Iqama stating he is an Electrical Engineer having Masters in Electrical Engineering degree. Is it possible?

His best bet would be:

1- Convert his profession on Iqama to 'Electrical Engineer' based on his Masters degree. (Talk to his current company HR).

2- Change sponsorship to the new company.

But something important: If hasn't completed 2 yrs with his current company, he has to wait for 2 yrs to complete. Sponsorship change from any employers without 2 yrs completed is not possible. In the mean time, he can complete the step 1 mentioned above.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

His best bet would be:

1- Convert his profession on Iqama to 'Electrical Engineer' based on his Masters degree. (Talk to his current company HR).

2- Change sponsorship to the new company.

But something important: If hasn't completed 2 yrs with his current company, he has to wait for 2 yrs to complete. Sponsorship change from any employers without 2 yrs completed is not possible. In the mean time, he can complete the step 1 mentioned above.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes option 1 is quite possible.

Regarding not completing 2 years, is it possible that he resign from current job, come back to his country and then go back to Saudia on new job? This in case he hasn't completed 2 years.

Now if the above scenario is possible then it brings me to another question. Now that he will apply for visa again (for new job) he will now submit application that he is working as Electrical Engineer for the past 3 years e.t.c. Will this create problem because when applying for visa previously he stated I am working as "Finance Manager" for the past 3 years?

Yes, he can resign, go home and come back on a new visa. Just ask him to check his contract. Sometimes early termination has penalities linked like he'll have to pay X amount of money to his company.

About your other question, (no matter what) getting an experience letter on quitting from a job is a fundamental right of any employee. Your friend must grab it from your current company before leaving and present the same to whoever asks.