Good area to stay in belize

Any advice on a good area to stay in belize, my husband and i want to  experience a little bit of everything. Not looking for resorts or anything fancy.

Hello Bojean.

Welcome to Expat.com!

A small introduction might be appreciated. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi There...are you looking a place to stay that you can essentially use as a launching pad?  Most of the larger population centers have hotels that are reasonably priced.  The country itself isn't much larger than Rhode Island, so possible to travel from top to bottom, side to side easily within a day.  Much depends on what you'd like to see, the North is great for proximity to the ocean, more to the West (Cayo District, San Ignacio) are archeological sites, rain forests, rising elevations.  South is Placencia, great ocean views, beaches, Hopkins, Dangriga and Punta Gorda. South of Belmopan on the Hummingbird Hwy you will encounter the Maya Mountains.  Very pretty area.  Since you have city names, perhaps go to Google and look for options.  Here in Corozal, there are both long and short term rentals available if you choose to have a haven to return to and I'm sure that's also true in other regions.  Check corozal.bz for additional info.

We are looking to explore Belize, and are looking for some ideas of where to stay.
Looking for a safe cottage(not isolated, yet not a densely populated) 2b/2b for about 4-6weeks.