I am planning to make the trip to Maroc

Hello everyone, I am planning to make the trip to Maroc in March insha Allah and have a couple of questions I got a police report from my local office it is on letter head but there is no official seal or anything with this be enough I also ordered the FBI background check and hoping that it comes in time but if not I want to do the next best thing, also I am concerned since I am currently unemployed and receiving benefits, I did do my 2012 taxes should I take this and my certificates of business as a massage therapist? any insight would be appreciated. also I am divorced and bringing my divorce decree is there anything else I should bring? and anyone that has done this in Sale insight would be great as that is the family court we will be dealing with.I wish everyone a blessed journey in their unions :)

Hi interstellabellas and welcome to Expat.com!

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Morocco forum for better visibility.

Hi,
I got married here in Morocco about 2 years ago. I just wanted you to know you need an official certificate of Divorce not just the decree. Expect a great deal of running around and you may have to offer little bribes to get people to do their job. It is not legal, but it is common practice here.

I took this from another related entry made by Moroccan1. It is basically what you get from the Consulate General web site.

This is what he said:
For American : Getting married with Moroccan Man

you should bring with you this papers from USA : Make official (Moroccan stamped) copies, and then have them officially translated into Arabic
* police background check/FBI Report
* birth certificate (they wont return it)
* Certificate of Previous employment stating dates worked and annual salary (( if you work; if you don't work don't bring it )
* divorce certificate ( if you were divorced )
THE DECREE IS NOT ENOUGH!
The papers that you have to get from USA Consulate General in Casablanca morocco (you will have o make an appointment prior to going- NO WALK-INS):
* Certificate of nationality/eligibility for marriage (I think it  cost around 150 dollars American OR take with you 1300 dirhams Moroccan-they take both )
* A copy of the passport with the date of entry to Morocco (50 dollars OR 425 dirhams)

these papers you can preparer in morocco with your fiancé and it's easy :
* Four photographs of you
* Criminal record from the Ministry of Justice in Morocco-go to Rabat (take your  passport and stamp of 10 dirhams  and go to the Ministry of Justice in Rabat located behind the parliament (that will take just 30 minutes to get this paper)
* Certificate of Religion(a from a clergy on their official letter head letter is good)
* A medical certificate (in Arabic)  cost 200 dirhams  at any general practitioner doctor in Morocco

Finally you need to translate all papers into Arabic

The papers that your fiancé should preparer !!!
*Administrative certificate relating to approved of the fiancé ( bring it from  if he doesn't know the name tell him (Certificate of celibacy)
* Complete copy of the birth chart(from his father's family book)
* A medical certificate
*  police background check
* Four photographs
* A copy of divorce if he was divorced

for other nationality they can check this topic :
http://www.expat-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=145465

I hope this helps.
Feel free to contact me if you need other advice.
I wish you all the happiness

hi so why you need all those things ? you want change the country ?;)
i dont think that you need to do all that.

im rachid

tractas,
I know it is a bit confusing. Her topic wasn't well defined because it was moved from the original location of "Getting Married in Morocco" by an administrator because the original topic has grown too large. interstellabellas is getting married to a Moroccan Man. That is why she needs to have all this information together. If you know anything related to the topic of "Getting Married in Morocco" or anyone who has done this or is thinking about doing this, I am sure she would love to see what you have to say. Getting married as an Expat is always a complex issue.
Thank you

if you are coming for a visit only    you certainly do not need all that info at all