Info request on job opportunity in Bahrain

Hi All,

I have recently been considered for a position of Training Head (Team lead role) at a Major Govt. Manufacturing organization in Bahrain. I am working and staying in Mumbai at present.

Please help me with following information:

1) Cost of leaving for an individual
2) Salary standards at Training head level (team lead role)
3) Benefits normally offered in Bahrain by organization to employees like - Health plan, Housing, Car/transport/petrol, Meal allowance, Home leave allowance / flights etc.
4) Living areas where majority expat population resides
5) Life style and social culture
6) Anything else that you think can help me in my decision to move to Bahrain

Thanking you in advance...

Mehul

Hiya

Welcome to the Bahrain forum. Every question you have asked has already been very well covered in this forum. Please take the time to read through some of the posts.

A few of the questions you ask are hard to answer without knowing more.

Where to live - where will you be working?

Benefits depend on your marital status, if you have children etc.
You should aim for medical insurance, accommodation, schooling, transport, one vacation return flight a year and a return flight home at the end of the contract.

Cost of living can be very cheap but depends on the individual

Salary is a hard one to answer - some people earn thousands a month and some earn a few hundred, this again depends on your qualifications, experience, age etc

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=226593https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=227063https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=226730

These are some of the many links similar to yours

There is a huge Indian community in Bahrain (as much as quarter of a million). You can be sure you will not feel lonely. Most Indian expats I see live in Juffair and Adliya - alongside many other expats from other nationalities.

It would be very wise to live not far from where you work because your Indian driving license cannot be converted to a Bahraini one, so you will take a taxi to work until you get your license. This process can take months (at least 3 months if you are lucky).

Hi Josnuggles & Brightonguy,

Thank you for sharing information...

If i take up this offer i will be working somewhere close to Dry Dock Hwy, Hidd, Bahrain. And i would prefer to stay close to popular expat living areas.

I am married but i will be moving to Bahrain alone mostly. Few more things that comes to my mind are:

How much would a shared apartment or a 1 bedroom apartment cost for an individual?

How much would be an average household expense for an individual?

What would be an average expense on transportation?

What kind of saving potential do i have with salary of around 3000 BHD per month excluding other benefits?

Appreciate your thoughts...

Best regards,

Mehul

With regards to the cost of renting a property in Bahrain, It all depends on where would you like to live. 1 bedroom flat can cost somewhere between 150BD and 350BD while sharing costs will depend on the location of the flat and how much the person wants to make out of sharing his or her flat. Recently published Definitive Guide to Bahrain for New Expats topic covers this subject with further examples.

The monthly average household expense for a single person shouldn't be more than 70BD a month (assuming you are talking about groceries here).

Renting a car costs about 150-200 BD for a simple car. Taxis are expensive here so if you are going to travel a lot, renting a car is cheaper and more convenient.

3,000BD salary is more than enough for anyone in Bahrain. Depending on your lifestyle, expect to save at least 60% of it (as you said your accommodation etc. will be covered by your employer as well).