Annulment in Philippines?

hi im new here..im so happy to have found this site.. but anyways heres my story

my boyfriend and i  have a beautiful daughter together we want to get married but unfortunately he is married back in the philippines He is only married with her for only 2 yrs. and no children. For all i know we can get married  here in US coz he never change his status here..he is still single here..he wanted to file for annullment but dont know where to begin..I already asked my cousin to ask around there in pinas this is what she told
                         1.   he has to live there in pinas for atleast 6 months
                         2.   his grounds is not that "heavy"  there is a big chance she will counter charge           
                               him for abandonment and having a child with me.
so i really need some advice where to start ,  and who is best lawyer to handle our case...we almost  contacted his wife to talk to her if she can file for annullment and we will just pay for it because it will be faster and  easier..but the problem is my bf doesnt  trust her enough with the money since thats one for the issue why there marriage fell apart.

why he wants annullment  1. he wants another child and he doesnt want to his children to be
                                             "ilegitimate "
                                         2. he wants our marriage is valid to anywhere.
                                         3.  he doesnt want people to think of me as "kabet"
                                         4.  he also want his wife to be able to remarry too
                                         5.  he wants our future is safe

hi, after 30 years of separation from my ex-husband, i've been thinking of filing an annulment case.  I believe that my ex-husband has re-married (outside the Philippines)long time ago.  I want to marry my current live-in partner in the future, but i know that it will not be legal.  Can you recommend a good lawyer whom i can get in touch with? Thanks!

Hi would you mind sending me your lawyers info and may I ask how much the process was? Thank you :)

Hello to all,

My name is Gary, I'm working in kuwait, i just want to share my life and how can i fix it properly, i have a ex wife from china, we had divorced already in china as well, and my papers was in my family to apply for annulment in philippines, still i need to apply for annulment or they recognized the divorced agreement from china, please if you have any idea its really a big help for me, coz i have a girlfriend here in kuwait and shes pregnant and i want to marry here and live together with her for the rest of my life, coz i found out my marriage in china has been registered in the philippines coz i authenticated in  philippine consulate in shanghai. My mom asked a lawyer but they asked a lot of money, i cant afford that much money pls if you know a very good lawyer pls help me! Thank you to all!

Regards

Gary

To whom it may concern,
       Goodday!my husband and I are married since 2004 due to my pregnancy and that time were in Saudi Arabia  and leaving in one roof until were having 2 children in the same place.But during the time were together we encounter a lot of problem in financial due to his Bisyo or sugal .I never recieved any centavo coming from his pocket instead I buy all our necessity and aside from that he has  some credits to our co worker and  they are forcing me to pay  his credits instead I argue with them I talk to them and make promises to pay all his credits.Until One time I decided to stop him to work in abroad because his credit becoming bigger to make headache to me and I send my kids with my  parents and renting house in their place my husband was there too to supervised our kids together with my parents because I wondering if he can take care our kids properly and decided too give my remittances to my parents because i doubt also if he can buy all the needs of my kids but even i gave remittance to my parents I send also a separate remittance to him to avoid quarrel or argue.When the time he was in philippines he is so irresponsible in many aspect intead he will help to take care ou kids he continuing his bisyo until the time that the milk our kids is selling this to support his bisyo.Until I got an opportunity job in uae without knowing him ,I decided to help him to apply in saudi arabia again through computer because I have plan to get kids to bring them in our province,The time he went to saudi arabia urgently I file vacation to get my kids but I inform his parents just give respect to them and also to inform their  son that will bring my kids in our province.He was in saudi arabia in the period of 2009 until now he never give any support to our children but its ok for me.All I want now is to file an annulment to him without appearance of him.It is possible because he was in Saudi and Im here in UAE.pLEASE HELP ME.THANK YOU

Moderated: Wrong language

Can i ask the full Contact number of your friend..or the lawyer.thanks

To anyone who went through annulment....how long after the applicant's appearance for his hearing will the finalization of the annulment be granted?

Hello Jufran22.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

You may browse the messages of the thread above, you may find the answer to your question.

Thanks

Karen :)

Pls help me i really need a lawyer who i can trust to, i have a problem regarding myannulment.

+63 917 525 0530 please call atty Bernard Gregorio, i am here at Dubai and he do process the annulment for me. i  am finished with my annulment up to NSO annotation, this is the last procedure so I can change my name back to my maiden name. I hope this will help uou guys

@ Badeth -> You could recommend the person in the Lawyers in the Philippines business directory. Thanks. Karen :)

I am a Filipino, got married in 1995 and have a son.

My ex wife lives in the state and she sent me a uncontested divorce in 2007... a decision from the circuit court of baltimore. 

Would anyone from this blog know of any reasonably priced good lawyer who can help me with my annulment process?

Thanks so much everyone!

hi lavander,

yes i am very interested to know who your lawyer is and how much you spent for the annulment process. I am especially attracted to the fact that it is a "no appearance" case (as I understood it).

If you can give me his/her contact detail, I would definitely appreciate any correspondence from you!

Thank you and wish all the luck in the world!

enggnurse

.....hi,,,good day to everyone...i need your help...i have a partner in life now and i have one kid were living together for almost 4 years,,,but he is married last 2003 to other girl...my problem is ,,,what are the steps to file an annulment? and how much does it cost?...kailangan ko po nang attorney yong affordable...thanks...

....how much is your total expenses?

[Moderated: not a dating website pls]

he is working in Saudi and has a mistress
he said he filed a annulment, no other details
how do i know if he really has filed annulment

My ex-wife filed for an annulment and unfortunately it was denied by the court. I have not contested it because we now have our own lives. She now wants me to file another annulment case with me as a petitioner. Will this be valid or not? Will it stand a chance of favorable decision?

malenn wrote:

my friend and her husband was annuled last Nov 2004. its 11months processing and they spent 150k for everything.no appearance in the court. there is a letter shes receiving everymonth for the hearing but shes not coming...and her husband told that its the best thing to do coz it will make the case move faster because shes already UNINTERESTED PARTY..so after 11 months she received a very long letter from the judge...the marriage had been annuled. i think they called it PACKAGE..you will just pay 150k give testimony once and the case will move on their own,no need to appear on hearing..but its legal.

Hi Malenn i am very interested about your post can i get the contact number of atty. of your friend? and where did they file their annulment?

Hi is anyone there who can help me.I have some query regarding Annulment, when I was 19 yrs old I got married quickly on June 1, 2007 because i am pregnant by that time. After 2 Years of married life me and my husband always arguing because of his attitude, and irresponsible he has no work and always depend on his parents. we live with his parents together with his brothers and sisters and its really hard for me because he cant provide our needs even though i have work my salary is not enough to all expenses because we have child, and when looking for a job i am the one who pursue him to apply and i am the one who made his resume, by the time he got job, i didn't receive or he didn't give me his salary sometimes he give it to her mother. i was upset i feel that i have no right being a wife, after all. To make this story shorter, we separated on Nov. 13, 2009, by that time i am pregnant with my second child, i moved and live alone and work hard until i gave birth. I Sent My eldest child to my parents until I gave birth, They are not agreed my decisions. My Husband and his parents complain to the Barangay and to DSWD they insist that our child must stay with them. I cried almost everyday and I am worried about my situation, my life getting worst and I am so depressed .The Attorney told me that my child it should be my custody. Now I am here in Manila I want to file for annulment and also seek a legal advice, and also who can recommend to me a Psychologists coz they told me that my grounds would be Psychological incapacity. We lived together for almost 2 years only and now 4 years separate. Can I file a petition first before I seek a psychologist? Or I must look first a psychologist before I can file? There is a time limit to file such petition? I am very interested to know about more. I need help how can I file thank you and GOD BLESS

Hi can you advise or give me any reliable  and very good lawyer, my ex is black mailing and he said he will contest if I file an annulment. I prefer the non apperance annulment as I am working abroad and I cannot just attend the hearing. I prefer the faster application of annulment  I need this badly.you can email me at apple_green0[at]yahoo.com

luvko031503 wrote:

My ex-wife filed for an annulment and unfortunately it was denied by the court. I have not contested it because we now have our own lives. She now wants me to file another annulment case with me as a petitioner. Will this be valid or not? Will it stand a chance of favorable decision?

It will again be denied if she raises the same ground as that one she earlier filed unless she a newly discovered evidence. She should file a case grounded on other grounds than the one she earlier filed.

Suggest you'll be the one to sue her in return. No need for you to come to the Philippines (except once) to attend the hearing.

Lennyrose wrote:

Hi is anyone there who can help me.I have some query regarding Annulment, when I was 19 yrs old I got married quickly on June 1, 2007 because i am pregnant by that time. After 2 Years of married life me and my husband always arguing because of his attitude, and irresponsible he has no work and always depend on his parents. we live with his parents together with his brothers and sisters and its really hard for me because he cant provide our needs even though i have work my salary is not enough to all expenses because we have child, and when looking for a job i am the one who pursue him to apply and i am the one who made his resume, by the time he got job, i didn't receive or he didn't give me his salary sometimes he give it to her mother. i was upset i feel that i have no right being a wife, after all. To make this story shorter, we separated on Nov. 13, 2009, by that time i am pregnant with my second child, i moved and live alone and work hard until i gave birth. I Sent My eldest child to my parents until I gave birth, They are not agreed my decisions. My Husband and his parents complain to the Barangay and to DSWD they insist that our child must stay with them. I cried almost everyday and I am worried about my situation, my life getting worst and I am so depressed .The Attorney told me that my child it should be my custody. Now I am here in Manila I want to file for annulment and also seek a legal advice, and also who can recommend to me a Psychologists coz they told me that my grounds would be Psychological incapacity. We lived together for almost 2 years only and now 4 years separate. Can I file a petition first before I seek a psychologist? Or I must look first a psychologist before I can file? There is a time limit to file such petition? I am very interested to know about more. I need help how can I file thank you and GOD BLESS

You have to file first before engaging the services of a psychologist. Psychologist is required when your motion to conduct psychological test is granted by the court. Prescription period for annulment normally is fours from the time of discovery of defects/vices. Ty.

Can someone help me differentiate MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE from MARRIAGE LICENSE..

We got married when I was 19 and he was 25 so obviously we cannot live together before our marriage as a husband and wife.
" A marriage celebrated without a valid marriage license is null and void, unless the contracting parties are exempt from this requisite (Articles 4 and 35(3), Family Code of the Philippines).

Art. 34. No license shall be necessary for the marriage of a man and a woman who have lived together as husband and wife for at least five years and without any legal impediment to marry each other. The contracting parties shall state the foregoing facts in an affidavit before any person authorized by law to administer oaths. The solemnizing officer shall also state under oath that he ascertained the qualifications of the contracting parties and found no legal impediment to the marriage.

I asked my parents to check and get a copy of Marriage License from our Local Civil Registrar from where we got married. But the staff there said that MarriageCertificate and Marriage License are the same, that the License number is indicated below the Marriage Certificate.

If so, that the License number appearing in the Marriage Certificate is the License Number then how can I check if that number is registered to our Marriage?

but, if the Marriage License is not existing are they going to give me a paper stating that we have no Marriage License?

I am looking for a an easiest and possible ground for my annulment aside from Psychological Incapacitated.

already answered this to other thread. ty/

I have a Philippino girlfriend and she needs to get a annulment so we can get married and live in England. Can anyone recommend a good solicitor?

Hello

I would like to file an annulment
I do hope somebody can help me. Please send me messages to [email protected]
God bless!

Can I have the details of your lawyer?
[email protected]

Hi,
I need opinions and some helps if any regarding my annulment. I had uncontested case and yet denied. Had option to appeal but the waiting time is unpredictable. Deciding to refile and of course another hundreds of peso will cost me again. My lawyer is asking 200k all package including psychiatrist and psychologist because he wants to refile to another place instead of my town. My ex and I separated unofficially since 2007 and honestly right now I have boyfriend and decided to get marry if annulment permitted. Pls help me what should I do if I proceed with my lawyer suggestion or should I find a better lawyer who can assure us the positive result? And can I file to another place my case? I would love to hear suggestions or reccommendation of an expert lawyer is much welcome.
Thank you so much for your help in advance. :)

definitely, refiling the case is not a good idea coz its prohibited unless you will raise another ground for annulment. before filing the case, part of the assessment should be your winning percentage because there are judges who has high dismissal on annulment cases and there are otherwise. sadly, it will cost you the same price if you refile it. however, i suggest you seek an opinion from another lawyer to assess the merit of your case should you go on appeal. it might turn out that appeal is plausible and you can save money from it.

hope this helps. :)

Mdjojo wrote:

Hi,
I need opinions and some helps if any regarding my annulment. I had uncontested case and yet denied. Had option to appeal but the waiting time is unpredictable. Deciding to refile and of course another hundreds of peso will cost me again. My lawyer is asking 200k all package including psychiatrist and psychologist because he wants to refile to another place instead of my town. My ex and I separated unofficially since 2007 and honestly right now I have boyfriend and decided to get marry if annulment permitted. Pls help me what should I do if I proceed with my lawyer suggestion or should I find a better lawyer who can assure us the positive result? And can I file to another place my case? I would love to hear suggestions or reccommendation of an expert lawyer is much welcome.
Thank you so much for your help in advance. :)

Hi professor,
Thanks for sharing your opinion. Yes I was told by the lawyer if refile then have to have additional grounds. We are considering to appeal but obtaining the result is unpredictable which might take years? I heard that the judge denied all the cases and some already appealed. It's really true if the judge is not open minded to this kind of cases, definitely will deny. I just wished she was. Do you know anyone or can recommend an experienced lawyer who handled a nullifying cases?

Thanks and God bless

a lot especially in cebu. i also have friends in manila but i do not know well the judges there. if you happened to visit in cebu, we can talk about it personally :)

Mdjojo wrote:

Hi professor,
Thanks for sharing your opinion. Yes I was told by the lawyer if refile then have to have additional grounds. We are considering to appeal but obtaining the result is unpredictable which might take years? I heard that the judge denied all the cases and some already appealed. It's really true if the judge is not open minded to this kind of cases, definitely will deny. I just wished she was. Do you know anyone or can recommend an experienced lawyer who handled a nullifying cases?

Thanks and God bless

pistachios wrote:

Hi everyone i am new here, i am married in the philippines last 2004 but we are separated already for almost 4 years, i file a divorce here in US and just got married this year. I want to file an annullmebt in the philippines, what grounds i can use.

Thank you!

Hi,

Your case is simple. If you are divorced already, you may file a Judicial Recognition/Confirmation of Foreign Judgment of Divorce.

Atty. BG

Mdjojo wrote:

Hi professor,

Thanks and God bless

Hi,

May I know the reason for the denial of your petition? What ground did you use, Article 36, psychological incapacity? If the evidence is merely insufficient or that your allegations and evidence did not establish the psychological incapacity of either or both of you, you may want to consider filing a motion for new trial or reconsideration with prayer to present additional witness.

Atty. BG

Hi can I have the contact details of your friend's lawyer..thank you

yajrhianne wrote:

Hi can I have the contact details of your friend's lawyer..thank you

kindly send me ur preferred location in the phils. :D thanks

Hi

CAn I ask the contact details of your lawyer please....

Im from Northern Mindanao but I want to process my Annulment in Cebu

Can you pls give me some details here is my email add xxxx hoping you reply... I would like to know the 1 to 6 months process.. Thanks God bless