Annulment in Philippines?

Conversation shows past moments of my wife and her other man.And plans for their dating. I have pics of them doing webcam to webcam. Is this strong evidence to file annulkment case

Hi, any lawyers out there who could kindly please answer this question or me. I have a friend whose been in a relationship with a man for almost 3 years now but they cant marry guy is still technically married to his "ex-wife". The guy plans to file for an annulment but not sure if the wife would consent to it... The guy and his wife lives in separate roofs for 7 years already... please advise... thanks

Hi everyone i am new here, i am married in the philippines last 2004 but we are separated already for almost 4 years, i file a divorce here in US and just got married this year. I want to file an annullmebt in the philippines, what grounds i can use.

Thank you!

to [email protected]
you have to get a good lawyer. not a crook one. all 99% percent of lawyers is up to monney talk. here in the phillipines foriegners is walking ATM Machine.
before you make action or you get a lawyer, first go to Public's Lawyers which is you dont have to fee! but for you they reffuse to accept your case because they say you have enough money for private lawyer but just ask whats the first step you have to do action they will takecake or they give you a lawyer. in Public lawyers office ask them about your case.

Still I am in state of shock! Never expect my ANNULMENT will fin in 6-7 months.Just got the Decision yesterday and I am single again yahoo!

[quote=p

@lavander - Can you please lower caps lock when writing so as to ease the reading? ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Finally get my FINALITY!

Annulment filing date: Dec. 2012
Desicion: June 1, 2012
Finality: July 16,2012.

Anybody can advise me if i can use my FINALITY in filing the Fiancee visa.

Thanks...

[[color=#000][b]b]Grounds for Annulment of Marriage in the Philippines
Posted by admin on Sunday, March 1st, 2009
[/b][/b][/color]

Art. 45 of The Family Code of the Philippines states 6 grounds by which the court can annul a marriage.

The grounds for annulment of marriage are:

1. Absence of Parental Consent. A marriage was solemnized and one or the other party was eighteen (18) years of age or over but below twenty-one (21) and consent was not given by the parents, guardian or person having substitute parental authority. The Petition of Annulment must be filed within five (5) years of having attained the age twenty-one. However, if the parties freely cohabited with the other as husband and wife after having reached the age of twenty-one (21) a Petition of Annulment can no longer be filed.

2. Mental Illness. One or the either party was of unsound mind at the moment of the marriage. But if the parties freely cohabited with each other after he or she came to reason the law prohibits the filing of a Petition.

3. Fraud. That the consent of either party was obtained by fraud, unless such party once having knowledge of the fraud freely cohabited with the other as husband and wife. The petition must be filed within five (5) of finding out the facts of the fraud.

4. That the consent of either party was obtained by force, intimidation or undue influence. Except when the same has ceased and the party filing the petition freely cohabited with the other as husband and wife. The injured party must file within five (5) years from the point in time the force, intimidation or undue influence disappeared or came to an end.

5. One or the other party was physically incapable of consummating the marriage, and such incapacity continues and appears to be incurable. The filing of the Petition of Annulment must be filed within five (5) years after the marriage.

6. Either party was at the time of marriage afflicted with a sexually-transmitted-disease (STD) found to be serious and seems to be incurable. This may also constitute fraud. The filing of the Petition of Annulment must be filed within five (5) years after the marriage.

SEPARATION: being separated from your spouse with or without communication is not grounds for annulment. It does not matter how many years you are separated. There is no law that annuls or voids a marriage automatically. Only a judge in a court of law can annul, void or nullify a marriage.

INFIDELITY: is not grounds for annulment.

Hi everyone! I filed my annulment last July 2012. And the last time I called  the lawyer, he told me that my case is still awaiting for the Court (somewhere in Cavite) to open. Waiting really kills me. I am so worried here that something might happened and my money will be just put into waste.

I don't know the assurance, but still hoping and praying that it will be granted. My husband is obvoiusly wont be receptive on the annulment case.

Can somebody give me an advise? How can I assure that the annulment will be granted? I know I deserve to be free after being battered and having an immatured, addict and selfish husband like him.

Please help. Waiting really kills me and giving me worries.

Thank you.
Bernadette

Very well said Pinay mentor...

pinaymentor wrote:

wow, I didn't realize how many expats out here are wanting to go through annulment. Yes, you can pay from P150k to P200k to some lawyers who can handle your case, but it has to be done outside Metro Manila. It only means that this lawyer know some judge outside the Metro area.

Under some circumstances, that there is such thing as if there is no communication for a number of years, etc. I suggest that you talk directly to the lawyer and bring your case. Have all of the storyline documented so we can assist you through email. It is important that you list down the details to the T. This way the lawyer can communicate with you directly through email and make arrangements with payments.

Pinaymentor.

Agree

blueoakey wrote:

I'm wondering why all this preoccupation with annulment, especially for foreigners, 2 people in love can live together forever without marriage, property has to be in the Filipino's name anyway, why pay big money to the legal system? then it's not divorce and property settlement,it's annulment to apease the Vatican, in this case (and I dont always think so) Phillipines is sadly behind the rest of the world, the sooner the Divorce act is passed the better.
Pete

blueoakey wrote:

I'm wondering why all this preoccupation with annulment, especially for foreigners, 2 people in love can live together forever without marriage, property has to be in the Filipino's name anyway, why pay big money to the legal system? then it's not divorce and property settlement,it's annulment to apease the Vatican, in this case (and I dont always think so) Phillipines is sadly behind the rest of the world, the sooner the Divorce act is passed the better.
Pete

"2 people in love can live together forever without marriage"
- that's cohabitation (live-in) there's no guarantee that they'd be "together forever" since there's no covenant -- which is marriage that would bind them for a lifetime commitment

"Phillipines is sadly behind the rest of the world, the sooner the Divorce act is passed the better."
- Would Divorce make Philippines a great nation? absolutely not, in fact, it would only cause broken relationships and family problems; and families are the basic unit of the society. So the more broken families, the more broken is that society. Take for example those nations who has a Divorce law, like UK and USA... What is their situation these days?... Did the law do great things for their nation (and their families)? No, in fact, broken relationships/marriages in families, based on studies, are one of the main reasons and one of the key factors why kids rebel.

hi,i would like to ask someone here if is it possible to be granted on an annulment if the other party will not sign on the petition

Move there. It's the easiest, least expensive way. Lawyers there are very expensive because there is no other way out of a Philippine marriage. Also, I was told recently it now takes close to 2 years to obtain an annulment. For myself and my Filipina, it's too much money for the length of time it takes. It just doesn't add up. The Philippines is the only nation in the world without divorce and their government seems to be set in staying that way. So sad, because there are hundreds of thousands of good women looking for a better life and unable to do so because no divorce there. I guess hoping and praying are the only option right now.

Hello every one ,

ihave a friend she is working with me in japan she file the annulment case in philpine court imus and cavite from almost 6 months or more the lawyer tell her that the annulment cases are suspended there . she is tired of that any more is some one help us is it true or not !!!!! annulment of philpine is like a war of afghanistan which never finished. so strike and take to much time

Hello What is the lawyers contact details.thanks

2012-07-29 15:50:30
Iryna Goreva
Re: annulment
Finally get my FINALITY!

Annulment filing date: Dec. 2012
Desicion: June 1, 2012
Finality: July 16,2012.

Anybody can advise me if i can use my FINALITY in filing the Fiancee visa.

Thanks...

Hi there! Pwede pong malaman sino ang lawyer na nag handle ng annulment case mo.ILang months bumaba ang decision?And how much ang expenses.THanks.

2011-01-27 20:57:19
malenn

my friend and her husband was annuled last Nov 2004. its 11months processing and they spent 150k for everything.no appearance in the court. there is a letter shes receiving everymonth for the hearing but shes not coming...and her husband told that its the best thing to do coz it will make the case move faster because shes already UNINTERESTED PARTY..so after 11 months she received a very long letter from the judge...the marriage had been annuled. i think they called it PACKAGE..you will just pay 150k give testimony once and the case will move on their own,no need to appear on hearing..but its legal.

Hello PO.
Pede pong malaman ang lawyers contact details.THank.

2012-06-05 05:59:10
Iryna Goreva
Still I am in state of shock! Never expect my ANNULMENT will fin in 6-7 months.Just got the Decision yesterday and I am single again yahoo!

Hello once again.
Whats the contact details of your lawyer.
kindly pm me the details [email protected].
THanks in advance.

dazzlingjaney

I filed my annulment case July 2008 and was granted March 2009.Package prize costs 300K(that includes psychological exam).If a complainant doesn't want the speed up process it would costs 150- 250K. A one time appearance (hearing) was only done and payments done in a 3-time staggard payments...I wouldn't go into details about the proceedings but any interested person who would want the contact info of my lawyer is most welcome.

He is a very good lawyer and an expert on family law (U.P. graduate of law).Any querries and updates regarding your case if you're overseas, he can be able to convey it through online.It is really sad that a divorce law is not yet established here in the Philippines (which in my opinion is far better than annulment). At least with divorce, children's rights are better protected and also the women's(talk about alimony and child support). I think PI's system is still on annulment about dissolution of marriages because "men"(here in the Phils.) would not have the disposition to financially support whatever responsibilities they'd left( Oppps no outrageous reactions pls. just my observation and reality I had experience).Somehow, we women are the one's suffering...but not long enough hopefully a divorce bill be drafted and approved soon!

Hi there! MInd to know your lawyers contact details.
many thanks
cedrick

NOTE: you must need trust and confidence and most specially confidentiality with your lawyer or handler for the other party will not have an idea to what you are planning and for you to win the case. this is a very complicated matter and Philippines have no divorce law yet.

malenn wrote:

my friend and her husband was annuled last Nov 2004. its 11months processing and they spent 150k for everything.no appearance in the court. there is a letter shes receiving everymonth for the hearing but shes not coming...and her husband told that its the best thing to do coz it will make the case move faster because shes already UNINTERESTED PARTY..so after 11 months she received a very long letter from the judge...the marriage had been annuled. i think they called it PACKAGE..you will just pay 150k give testimony once and the case will move on their own,no need to appear on hearing..but its legal.

may i know please your friend's lawyer?  i know a filipina who is having a hard time getting an annulment ...she is separated for almost 30 years now..

thank you malenn

hi ... i am looking for a reasonable price for annulment... plz anyone can help me about my situation im young and i want to have annulment plz help me to find a cheap lawyers coz its too much money they ask atleast 100k plz plz help me im so interested ....

my fb is [email protected]
msg me who can help me to find a good lawyer and not cost too much plz tnx so much...
hope someone can help me tnx a lot...

hi can i know the contacts of ur lawyer plz im so interested and i want to be single again tnx hope to hear from u

try this one since ur an american, it will not be a problem for u to travel.... also u may ask the law firm there if both of u can marry there and then when divorced  have your divorce documents be recognized here in the phils... this may help both of you..

guamdivorce.org/7daydivorce.html

(moderated: please recommend the company in the business directory)

You should write about your experiance because it will help,other pinays,some of them have been brained washed with wrong stories,a foriegner is just like any other man,some are good and some are bad,you must know thier intentions?most arab men will treat thier woman as a possesion not a person.For example i have a pinay freind that married a american,now he wont take her to eat pinoy food?can you imagine that?every case is different so before you marry as questions and make sure.As for i will wait a few years and live with the person,but marraige for me is NOT the most important thing,its the mutual feelings and respect that matters the most.

Hi I was about to put contact info of two different lawyers we've tried but saw the moderated message below. Does that constitute an advert, if we recommend someone we've tried?

I'm confused, there's this thread about hair salons and it has lots of company names and contact details posted by many different users. It's hard to compare things sometimes if you can't identify what you're talking about lol (for e.g. if it's the good/bad service of a certain restaurant or salon)

B&VLAW wrote:

[Moderated: No free advert - please use the private message instead]

salon thread here:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=157014

And to MaryJoy, I know you prob won't get to read this since that's your only post ever on the forum but it made me a bit sad to read what you wrote and I hope things got better :)

Hello qeris. :)

Of course, you can recommend a lawyer in the Philippines Business directory.

As far as it is not your business, you can post the information on the forum.
Self-advertising is NOT allowed on the forum. That's why the person you quoted has been moderated.

I invite you to read our code of conduct.

PS: Can we please come back to the initial subject now?
;)

Thank you,
Aurélie
Expat.com Team

PS: Sorry guys for the off topic!

Hello cedrick :)

Yun bang processing annulment mo, with annotation na po sa Local Civil Registrar at NSO, at kung inclusive na sya, ilang months ung process? Paano  ko malalaman kung registered na sya sa NSO? Sa side ko kase, 2 months na yung processing with NSO and im still waiting :(

Hello Badeth -> Could you please write in english so that everybody can understand? You are on an English Speaking forum. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi aurelie, oh i see :) i was thinking we are all filipino here talking about annulment procedure in Philippines, so i guess there would  be no problem with it. I am just new from this site and the topic really got my attention since i am on the same situation. Please guys accept my apology for those who did not understand my messAge.

GOD IS SO GOOD THAT I just receive the annotation of my annulment today certified and registered at LCR and NSO, at last after 6 months of waiting...i got my freedom :) still overwhelmed of the good news :D

Hi! Help me please.
My name is Jessa. Me and my husband are working here in Saudi Arabia in the same hospital but we are not living together yet. We just got married last january 30 2013 in Philippines. Sad to say, but i want our marriage to be annuled. There is no third party involved. Its just that he doesnt treat me as his wife. As if i dont exist. Right after our civil wedding he changed a lot. He is not calling me. he is not answering my calls. telling me im tanga. He doesnt want us to live together.
And he doesnt want me to use his family name because he said its his name not mine. He blocked me in facebook because i changed my family name with his name. He got very angry because i did it. He doesnt even want to wear our wedding ring. Before we got married i asked him if he is really sure and ready to marry me and he said yes. But hes been telling his family that its not his prerogative to get married.. Ako lng daw may gusto..I feel like pinakasalan lng aq para lng masabi na may asawa xa. Pan display lng ako. Na issue kasi xa na bading. May mga bagay na nakikita ko sa kanya na parang totoo nga but  takot akong e point out. I already asked him dat i want an annulment but seems like ayaw nya. Parang nag iba bigla ihip ng hangin na ang bait nya skn. Peroi asked him again kng pwd nya na aqng e unblock sa fb pero ayaw nya pa dn.. Kung pan display lng ako i better quit. I want an annulment. But i dont know theres a ground on my case.. Do you think its possible that our marriage will be nulled? Help me please..

kindly advise which law firm is the best for filing an annulment.

thanks...

hi ms badette, can you pls tell me on which law firm and contact person i can talk to with regards to filing an annulment...thanks olive...

Hello Olive.

You may send him a message by his personal e-mail address and so he will be contacting you personally at [email protected]

thank you so much ms. badeth...:)

[b]how reliable is that..[/b]