Annulment in Philippines?

Greetings and thanks for any help you may be able to render.
Im 3 years without the woman i love and lived with in China just because i cant find a proper annulment policy in the Philippines. I mean I just cant get a straight answer or a regular price.
My love and i have no legal connections there and after coming there several times and spending months looking we are no farther along.

We love each other so much and I just want to marry her and take care of her and her kids.

She is nearly 10 years without her husband and without divorce this is such a sad situation, because after all of our time together she and her kids are my family.

Can anyone give me some direction?
I would greatly appreciate any help before my heart breaks forever

thanks

Rheasman

I am sorry that you have to go through that ordeal. I am presuming that her husband abandoned her and is nowhere to be found, which is typical of what is happening to a lot of filipino marriages. No one wants to pay the lawyers to settle for divorce.

We have a group of lawyers working with us. I can send your case over to them if you are interested. I will ask for the rate of that specific lawyer. Different lawyers charges differently, but I can send them over to you and I will give you a straight answer.

don't worry, if there is true love, there is hope and there is a solution to every problem.

Sincerely,
Pinay mentor

Thank you so much for giving me hope.
I am so sad and tired from the pain of being apart.
Of course its straining but she is worth every bit of pain to me

i would be eternally grateful for any assistance.
please pass on my email or my phone is  (US) 701 226 4871

I will never for get your kindness

sincerely

rheasman

thanks again for the vote of confidence for Love
because i believe in it too

I've gone through so much with immigration and Senators and Congressmen and anyone else that will listen to help me

Bit i have never given up or let my love faulter

I am currently working in Saudi Arabia.way back 2004 i met the father of my daughter,for the two years of relationship i didnt know that he was married before even his family doesn't know that they got married secretly..until i got pregnant kasi i trusted him na pakasalan nya ako..2007,2 months after my delivery i found out that he was married last 2004..it was very painful to me..the girl at that time was working in hongkong and now she is in canada and have her own family also with one son.
my concern is since we both have our own family already,my bf wants to file for annullment for us to move on and get married as well..i did this for the sake of my daughter,for her to give a better family as she grows up with complete parents..i know its very painful but i need to accept the fact that i have my a child who needs a complete parents..although we are not legally married but my boyfriend supported us with so much love and responsibility,we have a very good relationship to each other.
He wants to file an annullment..how much does it cost?does anyone knows a lawyer who is reliable and can trusted regarding this matter..?
Anybody here can help me?hope to hear from you..

thank you..

sincerely,
jane

@Rheasman: there are many lawyers who can take care of your predicament. just be sure that the husband did the abandonment and not the woman. get the story straight.

likewise read The Family Code of the Philippines so you can at least get a glimpse of what the law says about it.

http://www.chanrobles.com/executiveorderno209.htm

hope you will find your answers.

good luck to both of you.

Dear Rheasman,

check this website. She is the lawyer who handled the annulment case of my friend in France. She is  very good and reliable.
philippinelegalservices.com

Hope this helps. Goodluck.

Best regards,

Sharon

Rheasman,

Annulment in the Philippines will cost you an arm and a leg. I mean very expensive. Not only your lawyer's fees but the other side lawyer's fees also, plus court cost, delays on hearing,filing fees and other misc. expenses. There is no divorce in the Philippines that's the reason why annulment is expensive and they designed it that way with the help of catholic hierarchy and also the reason why so many filipinos has so many mistresses because annulment is expensive. If you and your love one is comfortable with that arrangement then don't spend any money on annulment.
This is my honest opinon.

leem817

hi my name is MJ and im 26 at the moment, i got married last 2005 and been blessed with a son whose 5 years old now, i'm planning to file an annulment case with my husband because of so many reasons. When we we're still together he used to abuse me physically, emotionally and verbally and all these things have been witnessed by my family and his and same time i found out that he was in relationship with a girl. But due to the conservative ways in Philippines our family asked me to give him chance just for the sake of our child and i think i gave him lots of chances to save our marriage but it dint work out the way it should be. Before i ame here in London on 2008 i've already decided to finish everything although we dint talked about it properly just only when i was here that i've realized lots of things. Now we're separated for almost 3 years now with no communication (only very rare online when he asked something about our son whose on my parents side in Philippines). I asked him for annulment and he agreed with it.

I just want to know now, what kind of case an i file for this if its psychological incapacity. Because when he was doing the physial abuse with me i dint bother to blotter the problem in the police station nor get a medical certificate because i thought he would change. And i have a BF now at the moment, and i'm happy with him. But i need to finish my annulment first before we can get married.

Do u know any lawyer whom i can trust to handle my case? Im not well-off so i would be happy if u can help me to find someone who doesnt charge that much..And is it possible for me to file without appearance?

Thank u.

Hi.. can anybody give me advice on this matter.. My husband and ex-wife had been seperated for more than 7 yrs years in Philippines.As they said that after 7yrs w/o communication, it will be automatic annuled. Is this true? And before our wedding,they have agreement with the judge that they are free to re-marry again.. My main question is, is our marriage valid?

Hi All,

Annulment here in the Philippines can be done in two ways.

Altenative One:  The regular process, that will take 2 to 3 years depending on the complexities of the attending circumstances.  It will cost around 200k to 300k.  The problem with this is, the decisions of the court may not always be in favor of the cause of actions filed.

Alternbative Two:  Fast track  annulment process.  This will take around 1 to to 2 months or the most 6 months.  The cost will be almost the same as above but the advantage of this process is tha, court will always grant the petition.
Provided that, there is no opposition to the petition from the other espouse.

For more details you can email me at [email protected]

Queenie

my friend and her husband was annuled last Nov 2004. its 11months processing and they spent 150k for everything.no appearance in the court. there is a letter shes receiving everymonth for the hearing but shes not coming...and her husband told that its the best thing to do coz it will make the case move faster because shes already UNINTERESTED PARTY..so after 11 months she received a very long letter from the judge...the marriage had been annuled. i think they called it PACKAGE..you will just pay 150k give testimony once and the case will move on their own,no need to appear on hearing..but its legal.

@malenn - i want to hear from your frend her annulment procedures and about the PACKAGE...Could you able to give me her email add?Hope for your response..thanks!

@malenn; can i have your friend's lawyer contact details please. am interested to know the whole process as I plan to file for an annulment. thank you.

[Moderated: No free advert - please use the private message instead]

@malen, can u please send me the lawyers contact details aswell, like the others i am interested to know more about this.. thank u and i hope to hear from u..

I was jubelle  implements that we are split on include agreement to end. What should I do to implement this currently?

give me a lil how to process the documents/data?

@maleen me too i want to know the details of their annulment plz help

wow, I didn't realize how many expats out here are wanting to go through annulment. Yes, you can pay from P150k to P200k to some lawyers who can handle your case, but it has to be done outside Metro Manila. It only means that this lawyer know some judge outside the Metro area.

Under some circumstances, that there is such thing as if there is no communication for a number of years, etc. I suggest that you talk directly to the lawyer and bring your case. Have all of the storyline documented so we can assist you through email. It is important that you list down the details to the T. This way the lawyer can communicate with you directly through email and make arrangements with payments.

Pinaymentor.

I am no expert in Philippine legal affairs but I can advise what you can do next. The process is long, tedious and sometimes very very frustrating. But if you really love your gf, do not give up hope.

It is very common in the Philippines that so many couples have no connection but are not divorced or legally separated and to remarry again, is to have an annulment. Its not like judges have not dealth with annulment cases before.

To give you an idea this is how the paperworks are handled:

Grounds for annulment – PSYCHOLOGICALLY INCAPACITATED

This is the ONLY one that works. I won't bother explaining why. If one of you is loony then it's unfair for the other one to be in the marriage. But there's a catch to it. It has to be proven that the lunacy had been there even before the marriage. 

Thanks to former president Aquino, lunacy was modified in the constitution:

Lunacy does not mean in medical terms only, but lunacy is also incapable of providing the basic needs for the family. If the other party has not provided financial support to your gf or has no proof of providing financial support to your gf, then it is your ground for lunacy.

It has to be UNCONTESTED

The reason why annulments drag on is that one party will file a counter affidavit. Because the Philippine Family Code's mission is to “preserve the Filipino family”, a counter affidavit is seen as an indication that the marriage can still be saved.

Just make sure the that the other party doesn't know that you exist or the party might drag along the case.

Proof of no COLLUSION

The court will want to know that the annulment is not scripted. Others say that its best that no one will show up in court except your legal representative. Its another way to show that no one wants to know the status of the marriage.

Money talks

Hiring a legal representative is expensive enough so expect that would spend money just to process the papers. If I compared the legal annulment compared to divorce, legal annulment may not be straighforward but sure is cheaper than getting a divorce in advance countries.

PLease note that the Solicitor General may appeal the decision. This is very rare occurrence. You can only marry your gf if the decision is final and executory (that is no motion for reconsideration or appeal was filed )

As for finding a legal representative, you can google search and its best to have personally meeting the attorney. There are attorneys who would entice quick annulment but in reality there is no such case. Don't be fooled by their marketing. Also always remember that Philippines justiciary has a long list of backlog.

Typically judges look at the case based on importance and urgency. Because of that, a very good attorney who can provide convincing explanation is the key to get your annulment decision move faster.

I hope my explanation helps.

Rheasman wrote:

Greetings and thanks for any help you may be able to render.
Im 3 years without the woman i love and lived with in China just because i cant find a proper annulment policy in the Philippines. I mean I just cant get a straight answer or a regular price.
My love and i have no legal connections there and after coming there several times and spending months looking we are no farther along.

We love each other so much and I just want to marry her and take care of her and her kids.

She is nearly 10 years without her husband and without divorce this is such a sad situation, because after all of our time together she and her kids are my family.

Can anyone give me some direction?
I would greatly appreciate any help before my heart breaks forever

thanks

Rheasman

@malenn can u pls send me the details of your friend's lawyer regarding annulment package...thanks a lot... my email: [email protected]

Hello ,

I just want to ask how many months until i will have my annulment decision. I filed my annulment case 3 years ago here in Philippines   and last march 2011 was my last hearing and until now no decision yet.

Thanks ...

Hello geeliciouz and welcome to Expat.com!

You should start a new topic on the Philippines forum for better visibility.

Thank you,
Harmonie.:)

Wheewww...This is same topic I've read from other forums..
Annulment cases and the abandoment... such a sad ending.
But life must go on,,, in the name of love.

Wow!!! i did not realized there are so many seeking annulment.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience with annulment. I was married in Manila in 1984, migrated to Canada with my family (of course including the then husband) in 1993, divorced in 2000 in Canada, filed my annulment in Manila in April 2006, certificate of finality granted in February 2007, grounds was pyschological incapacity, cost was about P180K to P200K which covers lawyer's fees, psychologist's fees, advertisement fees, etc, etc, etc, but this cost does not include my airfare and accomodation while in Manila for my initial meeting with the lawyer and psychologist in March 2006 and in October 2006 for my court hearing.

I found my lawyer in one of the forum as well. She's good, smart, feisty and very resourceful. She's worth every penny I spent for my annulment.

Why I filed for an annulment even though I was already divorced in Canada? well, I have my reasons.

Krizzy

I filed my annulment case July 2008 and was granted March 2009.Package prize costs 300K(that includes psychological exam).If a complainant doesn't want the speed up process it would costs 150- 250K. A one time appearance (hearing) was only done and payments done in a 3-time staggard payments...I wouldn't go into details about the proceedings but any interested person who would want the contact info of my lawyer is most welcome.

He is a very good lawyer and an expert on family law (U.P. graduate of law).Any querries and updates regarding your case if you're overseas, he can be able to convey it through online.It is really sad that a divorce law is not yet established here in the Philippines (which in my opinion is far better than annulment). At least with divorce, children's rights are better protected and also the women's(talk about alimony and child support). I think PI's system is still on annulment about dissolution of marriages because "men"(here in the Phils.) would not have the disposition to financially support whatever responsibilities they'd left( Oppps no outrageous reactions pls. just my observation and reality I had experience).Somehow, we women are the one's suffering...but not long enough hopefully a divorce bill be drafted and approved soon!

hello to all
still dont know what to do after all these years.
got married to a Filipina in the PI in the year 1994, I was still a Filipino then.we didnt live together and I havent talked to her or seen her after that.

after these years, Im now a british citizen.
my questions are ----
---Can I file for a divorce here in UK?
---Do I need her signature for it?
---Can I remarry in the Phils again after the divorce?

after all, I heard that she has her own family now in PI but not sure if she had remarry again.

thanks

HI
Can anyone recommend a good lawyer to assist with the annulment of my girlfriends marriage. The annulment will be uncontested by her ex-husband. So we would be hoping for a "quick" annulment if possible.
Also would it be best to find lawyers in her local area - Valenzuela City?

Thanks
John

i'd like to file annulment... i've been married for 14 yrs but we just stay together for 2-3 yrs..the rest is we seperated then we have 2 children but when the time we seperate he never support the expenses of our children..i support my 2 children alone with out asking any single cent from him..a year ago i heared some news about him that he got a new wife and new born son some more the rumors says that they got married in the philippines last year before the child was born.. i was so confused how come he can marry with out any legal action between of us.. then i went NSO to get marriage contract and cenomar to check if he do some legal actions or annulment with out my consent then i will be more happier but it's not our marriage haven't void or annul. the main point is i want to file annulment but i don't know what i should do first who is the right person to talk to about this matter..i don't have any intentions to ask money or anything what he have now i just want to be free from our marriage and to be with the right partner for me...his happy with his new family and i want to be happy also with my children and to my partner now.. does anybody got answer or suggestion about this things...pls do help and i will be indeed apreciate it...
thanks

Hi can anybody help me find a lawyer for my annulment? Im residing abroad and my wife doesnt want to sign the papers. How much will it cost? And how many yrs should i wait? Thank you so much..

cheburat12 wrote:

To Frankie,

You can have information of the good lawyer in Philippine Legal Services.com  I get my information there and they are willing to give you information on what you want to know. I think in your case, it would cost you more than 200 thousand pesos since you mentioned that your wife don't want to sign the annullment, means she will contradict to you.  Depends if you are from the province or from the city where you will file your annullment.

Thank you so much, im trying to open the site but it cant.. Im from pasig, do you have a contact number of any lawyers in that site? Thank you so much..

TO all expat who got married to PI and did not report the marriage in the country which you are legally living, apparently separated and broke up with the wife/husband, dont worry. You are still single and can re marry anywhere in the world.

The girl can file for annulment. Approx price is 100- 150  k. depending on area where they filed it. She has to find a lawyer with good track record of cases like this. It takes about 2 yrs before judge can decide. Grounds can be psychological incap. Of the husband to assume responsiblity as a father to the kids. Hope this gave you idea re your query.

I myself filed for annullment and it was granted., annullment really depends with the lawyer strategies and on what court to file. For me my experience was easier. As long as no contestment from the ex hubby or wife and the lawyer knows how to show the psychological inc grounds it will be sure granted. mine was one in months and also in package 160k

jterra wrote:

HI
Can anyone recommend a good lawyer to assist with the annulment of my girlfriends marriage. The annulment will be uncontested by her ex-husband. So we would be hoping for a "quick" annulment if possible.
Also would it be best to find lawyers in her local area - Valenzuela City?

Thanks
John

hi John if it's uncontested  it would be much easier on her part. annullment can only take long due to the following like not so friendly court, contested by the ex.

You can look for any lawyer even if its not around her area. the thing is where to file the petition. The court should be annullment friend bec there are court who makes the petition longer for two years or more. Like in manila and quezon city. Find an experience lawyer and with package payment. Been there done that been free since 2006

Moiramelisse wrote:

The girl can file for annulment. Approx price is 100- 150  k. depending on area where they filed it. She has to find a lawyer with good track record of cases like this. It takes about 2 yrs before judge can decide. Grounds can be psychological incap. Of the husband to assume responsiblity as a father to the kids. Hope this gave you idea re your query.

the decision can be vary. mine was 9mos.other  people that i talk too 9 mos to more than 2 years. it really depends on the court where to file and the lawyers strategies

"I would like to ask question about evidence to file annullment. Can I use chat conversatation as evidence to file case against my wife. The chat conversation is all about what they did during their relationship while i am away."

THANK YOU PLEASE COMMENT......

to you jun
it depends which coutry you like to file the annullment.
if in the phillipines.? then its a long talk. again like to all others,. chat conversation is not enough! yes you can use it but just be nice and good to your wife while you still contributing more evidence like picture of your wife with the boyfriend or a friend who will testify be a wetness in court hering.
hire a good detective.
hope it helps

Hello Flying fox,

Thanks for your reply. I will file annullment in Philippines.

The conversation is very detail what they are doing.I get all converstaion when i got my wife password in YM, all conversation is with me now save in my file.I could not imagine that my wife will do this to me.

I talk to my wife and ask about this but she always refuse to answer and keep denying. I have there picture together with the man also as evidence, the picture is they are together face to face (there head is near to each other and I have pics that they are chatting while the man not wearing tshirt.

Conversation includes  sexual affair, series of events they made, location where they meet.The topic of conversation is always the past what happen in previuos day.

SO IT CANNOT BE LIE AND INTENTIONALLY MADE THE CHAT CONVERSATION. Because the date cannot cheat.

I'm wondering why all this preoccupation with annulment, especially for foreigners, 2 people in love can live together forever without marriage, property has to be in the Filipino's name anyway, why pay big money to the legal system? then it's not divorce and property settlement,it's annulment to apease the Vatican, in this case (and I dont always think so) Phillipines is sadly behind the rest of the world, the sooner the Divorce act is passed the better.
Pete

Jun, those conversation can be one basis but not good enough. Get a lawyer. He will guide you.